PDA

View Full Version : My model of the Walton`s truck

hornpout
16th January 2012, 12:56 PM
Hello folk`s i`m new at this forum and new at the computer so sorry if i make a mistake i never graduated from high school so it takes me time to learn these new inventions this model replica was made from the tv show the Waltons it`s one of my favorite shows so i decited to make my own model of it i think there`s a patern out there to build it but this one is my own idea by watching the show the model is 12 inch long and i did my possible best to put all the details on it inside the box the bed is made with real oak strips the wheels were made on the wood lathe the tires and rim`s were made in 2 peices and the tires are made narrow just like the old days and thread`s also the year of the truck is a 1929 Ford model AA the model AA was the same as a 3/4 ton with a few heavy duty options i put some windows in it this is only one of my many model`s that i have made i`l put some more latter on i have to see if you like this one first i`m also always looking for better ways to make them so if you have ideas on a better way to make wheels or anything to make it easier to build if you don`t mind sharring you talent`s i`d love to hear your ideas thank you so much

elderly
16th January 2012, 01:49 PM
Welcome to the forum hornpout. Looks like you had a problem with the pics. Look forward to seeing them.
Cheers Elderly

crowie
16th January 2012, 08:35 PM
G'Day & Welcome "DownUnder" "hornpout",
You sound like a handy toy maker from the description of your truck.
You'll find a heap of knowledgeable & helpful blokes & ladies on the forum all very willing to share there experience and knowhow.
I found this Waltons truck on google so am very much looking forward to seeing yours please.
Enjoy your woodwork,
ask questions as someone will know something
and everyone loves seeing photos of what others have done.
Cheers, crowie

Scott
16th January 2012, 09:16 PM
Ah, model A Ford, plenty of them about. With my wheels I do one of two things:

Cut them out with a circle cutter on a drill press (inside and outside diameter) then shape with sandpaper or mount them on the lathe (if you have one).
Round off a length on the lathe, bore a hole then part off how many wheels you want.

Second way is easier for me, get a better finish as well however it's a little fiddly to get the *exact* dimensions if you're after a good tolerance.

Look forward to your pics.

munruben
16th January 2012, 10:27 PM
Hi Hornpout, would love to see your truck. To post a pic, just click on the paper clip icon at the top of the message window that opens when you create or reply to a topic.. You can then navigate to a location on your computer to upload the picture to the your post. Just remember there is a limit to the size you can upload, keep it around 100KB. Good luck.:2tsup:

bj383ss
17th January 2012, 01:18 PM
Hornpout,

Here is a link that explains how to post pics.

Woodwork Forums - FAQ: Reading and Posting Messages (http://www.woodworkforums.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_reading_posting#faq_vb3_posting)

Look forward to seeing your Walton's truck and your Kenworth.

Bret

hornpout
17th January 2012, 02:30 PM
walton truck

crowie
17th January 2012, 07:41 PM
Success, well done "hornpout",
What a great looking truck with some nice detail.
Cheers, crowie

wolflrv
17th January 2012, 08:56 PM
Very nice!! I like seeing the painted version as an option!

chrisb691
17th January 2012, 09:59 PM
Looks brilliant.

bobman 58
17th January 2012, 10:46 PM
very nice litte truck

bj383ss
17th January 2012, 11:04 PM
Great Job Hornpout. Love the truck. I have thought about painting some of the models I plan to build. Now you need to post pictures of your Kenworth. The members are here love Work in progress photos.

Bret

hornpout
18th January 2012, 06:11 AM
thank you so much for the feedback makes a guy feel good hearing this after putting all that work on a project i just join the forum and love it plan on being here for a long time thank`s guy`s

elderly
18th January 2012, 07:21 AM
That is a very nice looking truck. I look forward to seeing more of your work.
Cheers Elderly.

Dalboy
21st January 2012, 05:26 AM
Great looking truck. Definitely look forward to some more:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

stolzdm
23rd January 2012, 08:12 AM
I really like the truck. I also like to make models/replicas/whatever you want to call them. I find that if you add to the model by somehow making the scale people to go along with it, it really enhances to look. Just my two cents worth.

munruben
23rd January 2012, 08:26 AM
Great little model. I particularly like the idea of including the "Glass" windows and screen. very authentic. Looks great and it does make a change to see a painted version of these models. Well done. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: