PDA

View Full Version : no more painting my models

hornpout
19th January 2012, 01:05 PM
After looking at almost all the projects and models you guy`s have made i came to a conclusion they look awsome in natural finish with the contrast of diffrent wood and clear coating youve got me convince i have all kind`s of model`s that i made will be posting some more soon haven`t been to peppy lately i had spine surgery 6 year`s ago and left me with a rare spine syndrom i had i hour left and i was going to be in a wheelchair doing little better have to live with it the rest of my life don`t have much endurance that`s why i don`t want to stop i love this hobby i love making logging equipment il post some pictures any place to order diffrent types of wood we had a place where i live up here but the economy killed them they went out of buisnes i used to by a4x4 skid 8 feet high all different types of exotic wood for 75$ the guy knew me good i used it all up i`l have to order some from a catholog i live to far to get some good stuff that`s what i get for living in the Great North woods of northern New Hampshire i`l be posting something nice that i made all from memory i found the remains of an old logging engine deep in the wood`s and made one all out of wood maybe some of you guy`s might of heard of them they were called Lombard`s steam log haullers made in waterville Maine by Alven o Lombard well talk to you guys latter Hornpout:)

crowie
19th January 2012, 05:44 PM
G'Day "hornpout",
Sometimes some very bright colours are great on the toys and hide all the odd scraps of timber one has used to creat the toy;
while I still very much love the natural timber colour and grain.
Good to hear you are still very active; the toymaking keeps the head, heart & hands all working.
Looking forward to seeing your other trucks & toys.
Cheers, crowie

munruben
29th January 2012, 08:48 AM
Hornpout, by all means make some of your models unpainted but please don't give up on all your painted models in future, They are an inspiration and look really great. I am certainly going to build my next model painted after seeing some of your great looking projects.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

linesman
29th January 2012, 09:47 AM
Hi hornpout. WOW great work something for me to aspire to. Sorry to hear about your health isues. After seeing some of the models on this site I thought I might do some future project in paint finish as opposed to clear finish that I've always done in the past. There's +'s for both styles of finish.

Barry.

fozzy767
5th March 2012, 12:07 PM
I agree yours look great..I dont paint,beacuse i dont have the patience..Wish I did