PDA

View Full Version : Conquer Cancer Bike Ride - Sydney Oct 13-14, 2012

I_wanna_Shed
21st January 2012, 11:02 AM
Hi Everyone,

Is anyone else doing any of the Conquer Cancer rides this year? I just registered for the Sydney one - 200km in two days.

My goal is to raise (at least) the minimum $2,500 which will benefit the Chris O’Brien Lifehouse at RPA, a centre of excellence for early detection, better treatment and integrated cancer care with the best diagnostics, therapeutic applications and scientific research.

It will be a busy time - in addition to greatly lifting my training, I will be sacrificing going to the Bathurst races the weekend prior to the ride, and somehow fitting in study for two Uni exams I have the day after the ride! Somehere, somehow, there may even be shed time between all of those.

If any body would like to donate towards my ride, please let me know, and I will forward on the details - every bit counts, and I will peddle for you!

Regards,
Nathan.

potter24
22nd January 2012, 12:00 AM
I'm riding in the Brisbane ride. going to be a good ride.
speaking of riding i need to train more.

Sent from my padded cell using Tapatalk

Carry Pine
25th January 2012, 03:19 PM
Good on you Nathan. My daughter runs for CanToo- marathons would you believe? Maybe I'll need to get my act together about this one.
Thanks for the post.

Graham

wheelinround
25th January 2012, 03:31 PM
A worthy cause Nathan

An old mate runs oncologychildrensfoundation

steven
25th January 2012, 05:56 PM
The Melbourne ride looks good to, nice roads out around the yarra valley. Might have to get a group together :)

There is plenty of info here; http://www.conquercancer.org.au/

Carry Pine
7th October 2012, 05:24 PM
Are you still riding in this, Nathan?

Graham

I_wanna_Shed
7th October 2012, 06:24 PM
Are you still riding in this, Nathan?

Graham

Hello Graham,

I have fallen off the wagon big time - both shed and cycling time.

I had to pull out of this (thankfully before anyone sponsored me) because a mate is getting married on the Saturday of the ride. Both uni and work have been crazy and up until two weeks ago I had only done 200km on the bike all year :oo:. I went on a 30km ride two weeks ago which nearly killed me!

This Uni semester finishes up this week, and I'm taking the next semester off to spend quality time in the shed and on the bike. I'm not sure that I have enough time to lift my fitness to do the Sydney to Gong ride.

Cheers,
Nathan.

potter24
7th October 2012, 06:51 PM
You're missing out on a great ride Nathan. I did the Brisbane ride in August this year and it was a buzz. Ive already signed up for next years ride.

Sent from my padded cell using Tapatalk