PDA

View Full Version : motorcycle model

bobman 58
21st January 2012, 08:32 PM
hi just wondering if anyone has made a wooden motorcycle or knows where to get plans for one dont seem to be many motorcycle plans about i have seen the gatto plans but no other ones thanks for looking bob

_fly_
21st January 2012, 08:50 PM
http://www.fan.tv/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_download&gid=274&Itemid=241 its a motor bike rocking horse. Its in dutch but you'll get the idea or use google to translate it for you.

bobman 58
21st January 2012, 09:43 PM
hi fly thanks for the reply i was thinking more like this about 12 inches long seen loads of models from the far east but would like to make one myself thanks bob

wolflrv
21st January 2012, 09:52 PM
You might try this one

Gatto Plan Supply - The finest in wooden model plans! (http://www.gattoplans.com/store/motorcycle_24.htm)

bobman 58
21st January 2012, 09:59 PM
would loved to have made these you can find these and loads of interesting stuff at
The Internet Craftsmanship Museum some very talented people there

AUSSIE
22nd January 2012, 05:36 AM
Rob.
These Bikes were made by Wayne Nichols.A friend of mine and a forumite .One of them was dropped by a staff member at one of the big shows,and still awarded 2nd prize in its absence.Wayne was fixing it up a the time.It was judged by using pics only

bobman 58
22nd January 2012, 06:53 AM
aussie they are truly amazing i cant imagine the time and effort that went in to them and such detail

munruben
22nd January 2012, 07:50 AM
Amazing stuff. :2tsup:

crowie
22nd January 2012, 07:14 PM
G'day Bob,
You sure are heading for the deep end with the detail on the bikes that you found plus the ones that Aussie & others have shown.
Looking forward to seeing your WIP photos with whichever bike you tackle.
Cheers, crowie

bobman 58
23rd January 2012, 04:39 AM
hi crowie i dont think i am ready to tackle something so detailed has the ones in the photos i dont think i have the skill or the patience i might try something a bit easier to start with, i can appreciate the time effort and patience these people put in to making these