PDA

View Full Version : Makers Mark

AUSSIE
23rd January 2012, 07:56 AM
Nearly Australia Day and Proud of it:2tsup:
Well Last Thursday I received my long awaited Makers Marks.
I was keeping them under wraps for awhile (Till my latest model was finished that is)
Well I have been conned into showing them off, seeing it is Aussie day:rolleyes:
And to cap it all off, Stu From Stu's Shed. Our Sponser ,No Less,has an artical on my latest project Click HERE (http://stusshed.com/2012/01/21/an-aussie-stagecoach/)
My makers mark:aussie5:

stolzdm
23rd January 2012, 08:08 AM
Good looking item. I would just like to add that every item you make, especially large long lasting furniture type items should be marked somehow. Really should at least mark them with maker name and year made.. My dad made some items that are now getting pretty old and will become family treasures, but, no one, including him, can remember when it was made.

In the big worldly picture, it makes little difference who made what and when, but for a family to know some of the details, it would be nice.

munruben
23rd January 2012, 08:16 AM
Love it Ross. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

munruben
23rd January 2012, 08:20 AM
Wow, took a look at Stu's write up on your project. You have certainly excelled yourself with this one, the detail is beautifully done and will look stunning when its finished. Look forward to seeing that. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

wheelinround
23rd January 2012, 08:47 AM
Ross nice plaque bit big to stick on such a little wagon tho :q

Mate its been a slow road but worth it with the Coach its looking good look forward to seeing it finished. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

AUSSIE
23rd January 2012, 10:18 AM
Hi Wheely
How big do you think they are mate?:D

Claw Hama
23rd January 2012, 10:53 AM
Great looking coach Aus, well done, thats just like the ones Ray used to drive:D
Are your makers marks from Vidi?

AUSSIE
23rd January 2012, 11:02 AM
Great looking coach Aus, well done, thats just like the ones Ray used to drive:D
Yes Vidi

Claw Hama
23rd January 2012, 11:06 AM
They're great quality and at a reasonable price. I have just ordered my next years worth. Shame we can't get this type of thing localy.

crowie
23rd January 2012, 07:20 PM
G'day Ross,
That's surely a beaut looking brass plark for the Stage Coach.
The Stage Coach is / has progressed very well and WOW is come up a treat.
Well Done on another top toy by a master toymaker..
Cheers, crowie

PS - I sorry I'm not closer to Geelong to see it person on Australia Day...
Yes, Aussie and proud of it to boot.

bj383ss
24th January 2012, 01:02 PM
Those look really cool Ross. I might have to order some. Although I don't have a cool nickname for mine. Im not putting bj383ss, no one will know who the hell that is.

I love your stage coach. Too bad its not posted in the forum but I understand why. So are you going to carve some Equine to pull it along?:D

Bret

wheelinround
24th January 2012, 01:17 PM

I see you have been listening CH. Mind you there are some motorised ones I'd like to have taken care of the way they used to with old horses.:U
Its a pity that one or some of these top CNC blokes or engravers don't make such as these plaques.

I'd be a it carefull of where the Brass in the UK has come from seems they are having a rash of copper, brass and lead thefts from church's, historical buildings even vehicles firetrucks not immune:roll:.

Claw Hama
24th January 2012, 01:43 PM
Aparantly these little guys are too small for the CNC engravers, Vidi's are all acid etched. I have tried many companies all over Australia and haven't found anything that looks as good or come anywhere near the price.
I can just see you swinging the whip on a team of Cummins/Volvo horses Ray.

wheelinround
24th January 2012, 04:12 PM
Aparantly these little guys are too small for the CNC engravers, Vidi's are all acid etched. I have tried many companies all over Australia and haven't found anything that looks as good or come anywhere near the price.
I can just see you swinging the whip on a team of Cummins/Volvo horses Ray.

If I ever need plaques will check them out CH.

Your not wrong there CH always needed to make the Cummins,Skanias & Iced Vovos work :whip:unlike a real engine of the GM's or Cat.

Claw Hama
24th January 2012, 04:29 PM
I think we've hi jacked the thread, sorry Aus.
Do love the whistle of the Cats Ray.

AUSSIE
24th January 2012, 06:47 PM
I think we've hi jacked the thread, sorry Aus.
Do love the whistle of the Cats Ray.
I started this post as a bit off center (nearly Australia Day) as a bit of fun.That is what we are doing isn't it?:;

Claw Hama
24th January 2012, 06:50 PM
Yes Aus, thats what its all about:D
Can't wait to see your coach all together.

Love all your metalwork, how do you make bolts that size Aus????

AUSSIE
26th January 2012, 05:46 AM
:2tsup:http://www.ubeaut.com.au/australia%2027.gifhttp://www.ubeaut.com.au/australia%2027.gifhttp://www.ubeaut.com.au/australia%2027.gifhttp://www.ubeaut.com.au/australia%2027.gif

Australia Day is Here:2tsup:
Well it is Like New Years Day is to a lot of other people,to me.
Looking forward to a good year this year.
Wood wise .
I will be making a few different things (unusual things,that is) For a start I will be making a working wooden Compass (With a metal needle.Otherwise it wont work:doh:)
Then a Wooden Sundial. Set up for the Southern Hemisphere .It will actually tell the time in Australia.I collect sundials,and most of them are made for the Northern Hemisphere and near useless here.
I also hope to make a wooden Sextant.
I have been wanting to hit the show scene and figureThe quality of most models today is extra high,So I need something different to be noticed
Any comments?Or ideas?
PS to the Mods.I know this could be in another section etc,but I wanted it here:;

AUSSIE
26th January 2012, 05:51 AM
Yes Aus, thats what its all about:D
Can't wait to see your coach all together.

Love all your metalwork, how do you make bolts that size Aus????
I just noticed that you were asking about making the small bolts (coach bolts)
I will take some pics and post them.

crowie
26th January 2012, 02:19 PM
:2tsup:http://www.ubeaut.com.au/australia%2027.gifhttp://www.ubeaut.com.au/australia%2027.gifAustralia Day is Here:2tsup:
Well it is Like New Years Day is to a lot of other people,to me.
Looking forward to a good year this year.
Wood wise .
I will be making a few different things (unusual things,that is) For a start I will be making a working wooden Compass (With a metal needle.Otherwise it wont work:doh:)
Then a Wooden Sundial. Set up for the Southern Hemisphere .It will actually tell the time in Australia.I collect sundials,and most of them are made for the Northern Hemisphere and near useless here.
I also hope to make a wooden Sextant.
I have been wanting to hit the show scene and figureThe quality of most models today is extra high,So I need something different to be noticed
Any comments?Or ideas?
PS to the Mods.I know this could be in another section etc,but I wanted it here:;
***********************************************************************************************************
A whole bunch of old fashion working instruments.....
Can't wait to see your handiwork Aussie.
Cheers, crowie

Yonnee
28th January 2012, 11:41 AM
So, the cat's out of the bag now with the Stagecoach...:;

Love the little plaques too Ross. One going on the bottom of the Chev?