PDA

View Full Version : A few more Stoppers

SDB777
23rd January 2012, 11:23 AM
Did a few more today, before the Sunday afternoon nap was necessary.

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/SDB777/Bottle%20Stoppers/1-22-2012Bstopper002.jpg

http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c271/SDB777/Bottle%20Stoppers/1-22-2012Bstopper001.jpg

She does 'experiments' with color combinations on the weekends in BStopper blank sizes, and if they are well enough received on Monday morning where she works(someone buys them), then she'll actually make pens blanks out of them. I'm thinking the green swirly will be gone as soon as it comes out for inspection....not so sure about the yellow?

Comments/critiques always welcome!
Thanks for looking.

Scott (wet sanding stinks) B

cookie48
23rd January 2012, 04:09 PM
Bloody hell mate you can not complain about them thats for sure. They look great. I like the way you do the top. Different from the normal round style.
You could always try and sell the yellow one to the Chardonay set here in Adelaide. (aka Silly Crows supporters)

SDB777
29th January 2012, 06:34 AM
Don't think the yellow experiment has made the cut...

Someone actually thought it looked like camel snot...of course my question was "How do you know what camel snot looks like?"

Scott (other is gone) B

dr4g0nfly
29th January 2012, 07:03 AM
Looking at your recessed tops. If you got them the right size you might find a market in Cocktail bars as shot measures.

Just a thought!

hughie
29th January 2012, 04:01 PM
[Looking at your recessed tops. If you got them the right size you might find a market in Cocktail bars as shot measures.

Now thats food for thought. :U An interesting site you've got there Scott :2tsup:

SDB777
5th February 2012, 10:29 AM
Looking at your recessed tops. If you got them the right size you might find a market in Cocktail bars as shot measures.

Just a thought!

Would that be safe? Alcohol inside the bottlestopper, for either the individual or the stopper? Hmmm....

Now thats food for thought. :U An interesting site you've got there Scott :2tsup:

Thanks much!

Scott (wife enjoying the comments) B

dr4g0nfly
5th February 2012, 08:03 PM
Would that be safe? Alcohol inside the bottlestopper, for either the individual or the stopper? Hmmm....

I was not thinking of a Bottlestopper with the hollow as a Spirit measure (or set af as they normally come in pairs or more), but as being an alcohol related item the shape and hollowing made me see it as a free standing Bar accessory (without the stopper bit attached).

Further consideration though is these things are normally graded inside to a governmental standard, something we turners could not [legally] reproduce, so maybe only for the 'Home Bar' people who like to make cocktails.