PDA

View Full Version : Its on again

brendan stemp
24th January 2012, 09:52 AM
The 4th You Turn Horsham will be on the 28th - 30th April this year. Last year's event was a ripper with everyone agreeing the ad lib, casual demonstrations were a great addition so we will be doing that again.

Any forumite that has attended any of the last 3 You Turns please add your comments of praise :) to this thread and any other forumite that would like to attend will be welcomed.

It is a woodturning event similar to the other weekend woodturning events but it does have its own flavour and character, as do they all.

Further details contact me on [email protected]

Mulgabill
24th January 2012, 10:38 AM
The 4th You Turn Horsham will be on the 28th - 30th April this year. Last year's event was a ripper with everyone agreeing the ad lib, casual demonstrations were a great addition so we will be doing that again.A

You beauty YouTurn coming up!!!! Great weekend and great organisation:2tsup:

Hey Brendan! Saturday 28th to Monday 30th, setup on Friday 27th???
Email will be sent shortly!

issatree
24th January 2012, 10:45 AM
Hi to All Woodturners,
Yes, it is mainly For The Turners, & don't forget, there is only room for 70? ask Brendan.
You may bring Your Lady as they will have something for them to do Crafty Wise + they check out the Coffee Shops & the Other Money Spending Shops as well.

It is a Great weekend, but don't forget it is Thursday 26th. April which is Set Up Day.
Then Fri.27th., Sat.28th., Sun.29th. & MON. 30th. April, 2012 as well.

Can't speak highly enough of the work put in by Brendan, Penny, Colin & Wife, Bob, Bill, & many many more people who are in the Background & making this Event one of the Best.
CWS will be there again, with all the goodies.
The Donations?? each day benefit some Charity, & you may get a surprise by Your Donation.
There will be Wood to buy & an Instant Gallery. So take something you would like to Show.

If you don't go, you've missed another one.

Ask Brendan for Details, & he will most Definitely look after You.

nz_carver
24th January 2012, 12:05 PM
ok well I have to talk to SWBO but I look like I can make it from sydney via robbos place

Will there be a lathe I can high jack?

wheelinround
24th January 2012, 01:30 PM
ok well I have to talk to SWBO but I look like I can make it from sydney via robbos place

Will there be a lathe I can high jack?

Check the map first Dave Horsham is other side of Victoria. Still a beautiful place.

Jim Carroll
24th January 2012, 06:43 PM
Hi to All Woodturners,

It is a Great weekend, but don't forget it is Thursday 26th. April which is Set Up Day.
Then Fri.27th., Sat.28th., Sun.29th. & MON. 30th. April, 2012 as well.

Set up friday afternoon the 27th but the real kick of is saturday morning the 28th.

Of all these events this one is truely 3 days of turning, dust and lies. Oh and yes you may go home learning something.

issatree
24th January 2012, 06:55 PM
HBi All,
My Apologies, People, I got my days mixed up, as it is Friday 27th. April, 2012, Is Set Up Day .
I thought it a bit funny to have 4 days, though it would be nice all the same.

brendan stemp
25th January 2012, 09:15 AM
The OFFICIAL dates are Saturday 28th - Monday 30th April. However, it is common practise for most to come up on Friday, set up their stuff and then enjoy a meal with the group at the local RSL before retiring for the night. Last year we even had someone start turning on the Friday afternoon so they got lots of turning done. This year we have a small hiccup in that we have to wait for the bingo-ers to finish their lunch before we can move in in the afternoon.

brendan stemp
25th January 2012, 09:38 AM
There are/will be spare lathes for those who definitely can't bring their own. They will NOT be reserved for anyone in particular so they do need to be shared.

Horsham is a 3 hour drive from Melbourne, heading west towards Adelaide. Initially I set up this event to attract turners from the Western part of Vic where there was a distinct lack of this style of event. However, turners come from far and wide; a few from SA and some from Bairnsdale (a 6 hour drive).

We have 2 full days of turning and 2 half days so we try to make it worth the drive. And our demonstrations were a real hit last year. did a demo as did Charles Greig from Hahndorf who showed us some gold leaf application. THere were more, these are just two examples. Great raffle prizes (we have 5 raffles over the course of the w/e) and great food. What more could you ask for.

There is a genuine limit of 80 participants (including partners) due to catering constraints and the last two years we reached these numbers. So don't leave it til the last moment to get interested. All you need to do at this point is send me an email and I will get the info out to you within the next couple of days (My intention is to do it tonight).

nz_carver
9th April 2012, 01:04 PM
Ok so it's 3 weeks away
what nuts from the fourm are going to be there apart from my self?
,Jim,tea lady, I know of:U

Mulgabill
9th April 2012, 02:38 PM
Me :U and issatree that I know of are other forum members:2tsup::2tsup:

Look forward to meeting you there nz_carver and TL