PDA

View Full Version : Salt this time :)

gawdelpus
24th January 2012, 03:28 PM
A while back I made a nice Pepper grinder (crush grind) for my Son in law, Probably posted a picture way back lol. This time its a matching (salt grinder) same mechanism ,made from a nice piece of "Bonewood" liberated from Neils (Dai Sensei's ) collection of "wood in waiting" hehe . These are one of the few things I make apart from pens :)
The finish is sanded to 600 then hut waxed and buffed ,as I wanted to retain the whiteness of the timber ,and I don't usually like lacquer or paints on my grinders .
Sorry about the angle of the picture ,looked ok in the viewfinder hehe. Cheers ~ John
The finished height is 300mm and the base and ball are 60mm the narrower body section is 40mm

dai sensei
24th January 2012, 07:55 PM
Looking good, just need to work on those beeds :rolleyes:.

I'm sure it will look great with the other darker grinder :2tsup: (one of these (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f8/more-pepper-grinders-129439/) ?)

Cheers

RETIRED
24th January 2012, 08:41 PM
Gees Neil, ya gotta watch who you invite around, they pinch your wood.:wink:

dai sensei
24th January 2012, 09:38 PM
Yeh, he should have been watching your demos on the skew more carefully instead of the wood pile :U:U:U

Nah, he did have permission

gawdelpus
25th January 2012, 10:58 PM
Nahh! plenty of wood hacks on U-tube lol! good wood needs to used not stored hehe, cheers ~ John

artme
26th January 2012, 09:49 AM
Another win for the scroungers!:D

Good one John!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I trust the wood was bone dry?:rolleyes: