PDA

View Full Version : Introduction and request for info

baseball
1st February 2005, 03:49 PM
Hi, I am new to scrolling and relatively new to the world of woodcrafting. I have been doing power carving (Dremel) with the Bribie Woodcrafters for about 4 months but have come to the realisation that it is not for me. I recently bought a second hand scroll saw, a Ryobi VS 162. :o There was no instructions with it and I have not been able to get one from the Ryobi download site.

My question to the forum is can I use pinless blades on this saw? The blade holders appear to have provision for screws to be screwed in the side to hold the blade, but after getting a couple of 5mm screws and inserting them they don't go all the way. Am I missing something here or do I need to get conversion parts?

I look forward to participating in the forum.

Thank You

Baseball

oges
2nd February 2005, 09:30 AM
Not familiar with this saw, will see if I can find some information on it for you

Iain
2nd February 2005, 04:29 PM
Can you post a piccy of the head where the blade sits?

baseball
2nd February 2005, 06:45 PM
This is the best shot I could get of it. It quite clearly shows the screw hole I mentioned.

I hope I get it attached correctly.

Correction to the model number: it is SC 162 VS

Dave

Iain
2nd February 2005, 07:37 PM
That is a pinned blade holder but I have not seen one like it. It appears to be able to accept a pinless blade, does the hole go all the way through? if so you will need a small anvil on one side for which the screw will clamp the blade to.

bermuda395ggxi
20th February 2005, 01:27 PM
G'day, I have owned one of those RYOBI scroll saws for about 10 years and it has done a lot of work, all with pinned blades.The saw will accept pinless blades , your on the right track with the screws, but the last 3 or 4mm of the screw is machined down and should screw through to the other side of the blade holder to secure it in place.The blade holder should also allow you to fit the pinned blades at right angles to the drive arm, which comes in handy when scrolling large peices.I have an owners manual for that saw and I would be happy to send you a copy , regards Peter