PDA

View Full Version : Vale Gordon Ward

Willy Nelson
27th January 2012, 11:54 AM
Morning All
It is with much sadness that I pass on the news of Gordon Ward who passed away this morning at 0400 Perth time. He was 76 years old.

For those who may not have known Gordon, he is certainly one of the most entertaining wood turners you are likely to encounter. He was was an extremely skilled, knowledgeable and talented wood worker who shared his knowledge with all.

His deadly wit, skill and contributions to wood turning and carving will be sadly missed

Vale Gordon Ward

Sincerely

Willy Nelson
Wandi Guild of Wood turners
Jarrahland

dai sensei
27th January 2012, 12:13 PM
Sad to hear another talented wood-turner is gone :C

Best wishes go out to family and dear friends.

Interwood
27th January 2012, 01:15 PM
A True Gentleman and Skilled Turner.

I learned heaps from Gordon's many presentations at Wandi, the Wood Shows and Weekend workshops. I will not forget his clever humour and witt. It was great to have known him.

Chris Ball

underfoot
27th January 2012, 04:34 PM
Vale Gordon...A true gentleman..comedian..craftsman and great company

WOODY70
27th January 2012, 06:32 PM
We have lost a true gentlemen.
I had the pleasure of working with Gordon many times over the years and was fortunate to spend a week end with him in early November last year.

The Turnfest and Prossy Turnout family will miss a great man.
I am honored to have known Gordon and to be a friend of a Master Woodturner.
Rest in peace Mate.
Dave

mkypenturner
27th January 2012, 09:21 PM
am saddened to hear the sad news , i was lucky enough to meet him at prossy turnout last year as was humbled by his skills and wisdom we will all miss him
my thought go out to his family

powderpost
27th January 2012, 09:41 PM
Rest easy old fellow, you will be missed.

TTIT
27th January 2012, 10:46 PM
Was just getting to know the bloke from his Prossy visits and couldn't think more highly of another tree nut. Loved his WA trees and loved sharing his knowledge and passion for them. I'll treasure the book on them that he gave me even more now.
A great loss for the woodturning world.
Rest easy Gordon.

Theo Haralampou
28th January 2012, 01:10 AM
A remarkable man with an incredible sense of humour. He was a true master of the pun. He love people and loved to share his knowledge, skills and wit. I'll never forget our impromtu rendition of "There's a hole in my bucket" at Proserpine dam a couple of years ago.

We will never forget you Gordon. How can you forget a legend.

Rest in peace.

Theo

sparkie54
28th January 2012, 10:18 AM
I was lucky enough to meet Gordon at a couple of Prossie turnouts. He will be deeply missed. My condolances to his family.
Chris Hartley

nevillethrelfo
31st January 2012, 02:52 PM
The world has lost a wonderful man. So full of compassion, and so willing to teach others, always ready to help, Neville and betty threlfo considered themselves friends thru the woodturners assocation a long time back. The stories he had to tell about his past, the trips he had taken, and his wonderful way of teaching will long be remembered and talked about by them. I believe he had input into Peter Maschette"s our sons life thru woodturning as well. So long mate, from us both.

Willy Nelson
1st February 2012, 02:23 PM
The funeral for Gordon Ward will be held at 1400 at the Pinnaroo Chapel, this Friday 3 Feb

Sincerely
Willy
Jarrahland

Willy Nelson
4th February 2012, 09:51 AM
Good Morning All

The funeral for Gordon Ward was held yesterday. I estimate at least 200 mourners attended, the majority of whom were wood artisans (Turners and carvers). The ceremony was a simple and succinct yet full of humour, a reflection of how Gordon was in life.

Things I didn't know about Gordon.
1. He was born in China
2. He was an Electrical Engineer, a Mechanical Engineer and an Aeronautical Engineer
3. He was instrumental in changing Australian Law to allow single Dads access to a pension (only single mums were entitled to it.
4. Lastly, I was not aware of his fascinationation and love of ladies breasts! Apparently, he loved a good 'Rack'!

Vale Gordon Ward
Sincerely
Willy
Jarrahland