PDA

View Full Version : fence designs

gingerbeer86
29th January 2012, 02:35 PM
I am making a bench and have set a kreg router insert into the bench and now need to make a fence. I want to have a split fence and was going to get some c channel and rout it into the bench top and with some t -bolts to attach the fence. I am sure there must be some clever ideas that could help avoid some pitfalls. I would run the fence across the bench from front to back (750mm) and work the router from the end of the bench. Any advice welcome. Attached is a picture of the set up.

Bob38S
2nd February 2012, 12:20 PM
If it helps - go for it - homemade quite a while ago now but still working well.

http://www.woodworkforums.com/f20/no-knobs-fence-38731/

munruben
2nd February 2012, 12:47 PM
Home made router fence can be as simple or as complicated as you want it to be, me? I like simple. I know one particular guy who uses a router and his work is faultless and his router fence consists of a straight piece of timber clamped to the router table top.
Sometimes its the singer and not the song.

gingerbeer86
4th February 2012, 10:23 PM
Thanks Bob, some neat design ideas there. I will wander down to Kunda park and check out the aluminium extrusions and grab some angle and channel. I like the idea of cuphead bolts and sockets. The connection to the dusty is something I had not put much thought into and I think your solution looks good and should collect well.
cheers