PDA

View Full Version : Carb-I-Tool Router bits

Mark Woodward
18th August 1999, 09:58 PM
How good are these Australian made router bits? Do they compare favorably with the better imports? One benefit I see is that you can send them back to be sharpened. ( If I did it,a straight bit would end up looking like a decorative edging bit!).
Mark

Rod Smith
19th August 1999, 01:01 AM
I agree they are very good quality. I have a quite few. I've usually bought them when I want a specific bit, especially larger bits where quality/balance is important. I've also bought a couple of sets of bits from Carba Tec (they are Taiwanese imports)(not carbi tool)and found the quality surprisingly good for the price. See ya. Rod

------------------

Mark Woodward
19th August 1999, 07:09 PM
Thanks guys,
I thought they'd be good. I've read the catalogue and learnt how they where accurately computer machined. It doesn't matter if the same computers here or overseas does it!
Mark

Tom O Donnell
18th November 1999, 01:13 AM
I can strongly recommend Carb-I-Tool router bits as I have been using them for the past 13 years. They have an excellent catalogue that give all the dimensions so that you can order your cutter and be guanteed that it will be the size Quoted.
Tom

------------------
TomnJarrah

Ray
18th November 1999, 08:37 AM
I have read your replies and agree with them all. I have been through the factory several times and have had cutters made specifically for me. The service level is excellent. Their product knowledge is huge AND they are Australian made with excellent backup and warranty.