PDA

View Full Version : Lurkers

Termite
4th February 2005, 03:32 PM
There's 29 members logged on at the moment, some of them well known names, and we're all sitting back waiting for someone to say something we can pounce on. Lurkers be dammed, vultures. :eek: :D

craigb
4th February 2005, 03:40 PM
The lurkers nearly always outnumber the members.

I can only recall a couple of times that it's been the other way.

Even a lot of the logged on members rarely post. So does that make them virtual lurkers :confused: :D

Wood Borer
4th February 2005, 03:41 PM
How's your Friday arvo going brother Mite?

It is a puzzle why they don't become members. If they have a question they can ask it or perhaps they could help someone with an answer.

They could just tell us they have become new members. I don't recall seeing anyone new not welcomed.

Come on lurkers, let us welcome you.

bitingmidge
4th February 2005, 03:57 PM
How's your Friday arvo going brother Mite?

It is a puzzle why they don't become members. If they have a question they can ask it or perhaps they could help someone with an answer.

Friday is Friday today!!! A dead set POETS day!!

Is a Wood Borer and insect technically? I think so... we sort of have a bit of a club going really don't we??? Or is there an entomoligical elitism between the sap suckers and the blood suckers?

Perhaps that's why they don't become members??

I lurked seriously for a couple of years as I currently do on a couple of other fora, I had no particular reason to join but eventually got sucke....er felt I could contribute something, the timing of which also coincided with the connection of broadband at the Home of the Biting Midge. I couldnt' have stood the pain of dial-up and this forum!!

They could just tell us they have become new members. I don't recall seeing anyone new not welcomed.

Come on lurkers, let us welcome you.

Well there was Seppo Joe as I recall!!

But no you are right.....come on down, we need new jokes!

cheers,

P :D :D

Termite
4th February 2005, 04:03 PM
How's your Friday arvo going brother Mite?.
The usual quiet Friday, bored shirtless. At least the boss returns from holidays on Monday so I then go back to my 4 day week. About 6 weeks before Xmas he asked me did I want a rise that I had been nagging him for,or did I want Fridays (6 hour day) off at the same money. Maaaate, there was no choice as far as I was concerned. :D

Wongo
4th February 2005, 04:07 PM
How's your Friday arvo going brother

Os os.

Oh! all clever mathematicians speak backward. :rolleyes:

Termite
4th February 2005, 04:09 PM
Os os.

Oh! all clever mathematicians speak backward. :rolleyes:
Tahw? They're usually deaf too. :rolleyes: :D

Wood Borer
4th February 2005, 04:11 PM
Termite will have to agree of course but the way I see it, there is no great void between blood suckers and sap suckers, so yes we can be sap brothers.

I get into dead timber a bit, are you into corpses? I guess if you bite my head off on that one, I will have trouble feeling my nec.

Termite
4th February 2005, 04:23 PM
Termite will have to agree of course but the way I see it, there is no great void between blood suckers and sap suckers, so yes we can be sap brothers.

I get into dead timber a bit, are you into corpses? I guess if you bite my head off on that one, I will have trouble feeling my nec.
Well basically I'm into sucking stubbies, but I don't want to be known as a suck brother, I'd rather be known as a fellow p!$$pot. :D :D
I hope that nec is not as in necro :eek:

Sturdee
4th February 2005, 05:15 PM
Well there was Seppo Joe as I recall!!

Midge, Midge, Midge.

There I was having a great day, early this morning I bought a 50 metres roll 100mm 320grit sandpaper for $ 15 then worked in the shop building some new shelves to store my sandpaper collection and I come and look what you guys been up to and you have to spoil it by reminding me of Seppo Joe.

What a turn of for the weekend. :eek:

Peter.

bitingmidge
4th February 2005, 06:56 PM
Midge, Midge, Midge.

There I was having a great day, early this morning I bought a 50 metres roll 100mm 320grit sandpaper for $ 15 then worked in the shop building some new shelves to store my sandpaper collection and I come and look what you guys been up to and you have to spoil it by reminding me of Seppo Joe.

What a turn of for the weekend. :eek:

Peter.

I'd post you a greenie to say sorry.... but I'm NOT. ;) ;) ;)

You collect SANDPAPER????:eek:

Cheers,

P :D :D

Kev Y.
4th February 2005, 07:31 PM
Most of the un-registered "lurkers" are usually search engine "bots" following up queries .

Which in-turn lead to hopefully OTHER new members. :D

ozwinner
4th February 2005, 07:32 PM
I lurked for 12 months before I joined up. :o

Sorry now aint ya????? :D

Al :p

beejay1
4th February 2005, 07:32 PM
I can understand the lurkers lurking on the peripherie of this world renowned and highly prestigeous forum.

I too was guiltyof lurking before taking the plunge The thought of communicating with people of such high intelect, epertise and experience is truly daunting for a newbie.
Will i be accepted, will people listen to me, can i really contribute, to a group where gay reparti, wit, wisdom, warmth and comradeship abounds are questions that ran through my mind for several days before I eventually took the plunge and shed my lurker cloak forever.
Since joining I have been accepted, Ive been enlightened, ive been educated in world affairs, politics, the finer elements of woodcraft, been constantly amazed by the depth of knowledge amongst the founder members,have been driven to bigger and better things and above all, feel I have found some really wonderful people.
I would like to thank all the members of North American Woodworkers Society for taking me on Board.
beejay1

ozwinner
4th February 2005, 07:39 PM
I would like to thank all the members of North American Woodworkers Society for taking me on Board.
beejay1
You tosser......:D

Al :D

Sir Stinkalot
4th February 2005, 08:05 PM
I lurke because I like it :eek:

Kev Y.
4th February 2005, 08:08 PM
[snip]Will i be accepted, will people listen to me, can i really contribute, to a group where gay reparti, wit, wisdom, warmth and comradeship abounds are questions that ran through my mind for several days before I eventually took the plunge and shed my lurker cloak forever.

SOOOO you have met IAIN then? ;) :rolleyes:

beejay1
What OZ said.. :D :D now its official,

ozwinner
4th February 2005, 08:11 PM
I lurke because I like it :eek:
Vouyerizm, and he looks like such a nice boy.............

Al :D

Sturdee
4th February 2005, 08:15 PM
You collect SANDPAPER????:eek:

Don't you? :eek: No wonder you don't finish anything, lack of sandpaper no doubt. :D :D :D

Actually they are rolls of 40#, 80#, 120#,150#,180#,220# and now 320#. I just cut of what and of the grit that I need, much cheaper that way. :D

Peter.