PDA

View Full Version : A Jewellery Box

LGS
15th February 2012, 02:02 PM
Hi all,

This is a jewellery box I made from Jarrah and Queensland Maple. I have to say that the pics really don't do the Maple justice.

It is 300 x 250 x x110mm and is finished with Wattyl Scandinavian oil, friction sealed to 4000g, then, after 3 days of drying, cut with EEE cream and finally coated with UBeaut Traditional Wax.

Regards,

Rob

Crunchie
15th February 2012, 04:47 PM
It looks great. LGS. The pics came up well, so it must really look good to the naked eye. Is this a gift for someone? I must say that Jewellery boxes for the wife are a bit like the shed - they are never big enough.

LGS
15th February 2012, 05:13 PM
Hi Crunchie,

It was a commission.

Rob

LGS
17th February 2012, 11:11 AM
Just to let people know, you can see the box construction as it happened here (http://www.warwick.damnfinefurniture.com);

Regards,

Rob

Christos
20th February 2012, 04:37 PM
The box is great.

mrpedersen
27th February 2012, 12:51 PM
Hi LGS,

Very nice box and enjoyed the WIP. Good info me , I've only done bandsaw boxes but I have a lot of timber for 'regular' boxes waiting for me.

glenn

bassmansimon
9th April 2012, 08:32 AM
Hi Rob,

Looks great. Thanks for the link to the WIP.
Just letting you know the link to the "finishing the box 3" page isn't working.
Great jewelry box

LGS
9th April 2012, 10:06 AM
Thanks, Simon, I'll check it out.

Regards,

Rob

Milo
10th April 2012, 05:31 PM
Mate

I live the Queensland Maple, I made a very similair box for a 30th birthday present out of the same combination and you are correct it came up a treat!

Not a critisism just an observation (cause it is what it is! a lovley box! ) why didn't you mitre the corners for the lid? Did the customer request that or just your poetic license?

Great job! :2tsup:

LGS
10th April 2012, 05:50 PM
Just poetic licence. Could have gone the Mitre option, but it would have added cost. More work involved...:)
Thanks for the kind comments.

Regards,

Rob

Milo
11th April 2012, 03:23 PM
Just poetic licence. Could have gone the Mitre option, but it would have added cost. More work involved...:)
Thanks for the kind comments.

Regards,

Rob

I know what you meen! Mitres can sometimes be a lot of work if and or you cant be assed! I am a big fan of the half lap picture frame....soooo quick!

Love your other work to!

Milo