PDA

View Full Version : Basement Dig Out

Scott
17th February 2012, 08:37 PM
Ok, so I can think of a quicker way to dig out your basement however this is priceless! Since 1997, A Man Has Been Digging Out His Basement Using Only R/C Scale-Model Construction Equipment.

Basement Dig Out (http://jalopnik.com/5884800/since-1997-a-man-has-been-digging-out-his-basement-using-only-rc-scale+model-construction-equipment).

Go down to the end of the page and click on the links to the videos. The man has the patience of a saint!

Robson Valley
18th February 2012, 04:15 AM
"Saint" isn't the word that I would have picked.
I'm bitterly disappointed. Yes, bitterly.
All show and no go.
I was hoping for some miniature dynamite, too.

Yonnee
18th February 2012, 09:32 AM
Not a very efficient work site either. One operator for all those machines. And there seemed to be quite a bit of double handling too. Excavating the dirt in the basement, taking it outside to dump it, leveling it out with the Dozer, only to pick it all up again and dump it in a different spot...

...or am I being a little pedantic??

Robson Valley
18th February 2012, 11:09 AM
It's so typically Canadian, eh?
Drink Canada Dry.

crowie
18th February 2012, 12:19 PM
That's a cross between greatness and madness...
Great application of the radio controlled machine...
But as mad as a hatter spending nearly 15 years to what would have taken 15 days with blokes and big machinery...
Great find Scott.
Cheers, crowie

wolflrv
19th February 2012, 02:41 PM
Sorry..but the first thing I thought was..."So if he's using R/C scale equipment to excavate the basement...does that mean he's gonna shore it up with popsicle sticks??" ROFLMAO!! Great thread...! Makes me wanna go get some R/C trucks...wife immediately said NOO!! LOL!

rusel
19th February 2012, 06:10 PM
I want to buy him a shovel from the local hardware. Let's get it over and done with! :o