PDA

View Full Version : First few bowls

KristianH
5th February 2005, 12:56 PM
Like the title these are my first few bowls . Remember I'm only learning and 15 so please be kind in judging

BobR
5th February 2005, 01:07 PM
Kristian I am about 4 times your age and will be happy if my first attempt at turning bowls is as good as yours. Keep working at it.

Tikki
5th February 2005, 01:45 PM
Hi Kristian

I'm not a woodturner, but they look great to me. :cool: Love the timbers, particularly the darker one. What is it? Look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.
Cheers
Tikki

KristianH
5th February 2005, 02:09 PM
the darker one is black walnut finished with about 3 coats of tung oil , it was pretty cheap to make considering it was No.1 common. The lighter one is maple again with a few coats of tung oil and wax , again I got it out of a scrap bin.

ryanarcher
5th February 2005, 02:49 PM
looks wonderful from here. Can you get the pics any bigger?
Great job
-Ryan

scatterbrain
5th February 2005, 05:10 PM
The bowls look great, not that im in any way an expert. just a suggestion with the pics though: it helps if you take them from a slight angle with a plain background cos lo-res internet images are always a bit hard to see and every little bit helps. Nice bowls though:)

Harry72
5th February 2005, 09:43 PM
Well done Kristian!

reeves
9th February 2005, 01:33 PM
hey good stuff, keep rolling man....or turning as it may be...

KristianH
28th February 2005, 02:53 PM
here are some more pictures of the walnut one. Gladly my family got a new cammera today

AlexS
28th February 2005, 07:05 PM
Nice start Kristian...look forward to seeing more.

Different
1st March 2005, 12:19 AM
Good effort but if you are looking to refine your designes you cannot find a better book than the following!

Turned Bowl Design
by Richard Raffan

Ross