PDA

View Full Version : Phenolic Router Insert now available

Gwhat
5th February 2005, 04:37 PM
We are now stocking the Woodpeckers Phenolic Router Insert, it is supplied as a blank and is easily drilled with normal twist drills.

It has 3 insert rings, a spanner and a brass starter pin. The phenolic is CNC machined and stays dead flat. It even has the spring loaded ball bearings in the edges to ensure a good fit.

Good value @ $80.

Have a look at the upgraded website www.woodpeckers.com.au

Regards

The Woodpecker

chris_hewett
9th February 2005, 02:29 PM
Quite a while ago I purchased the Trend router table insert at one of the woodworking shows. Has been sitting in a cupboard waiting for me to get around to building a new router table. Well, a few weeks ago I took it out as I was starting the construction, and found that it was a piece of cr@p. It had a huge hump in it - unuseable. Have read elsewhere on this forum that the cheapies from Carbatech are pretty horrible too. I purchased the woodpecker listed above, and it is a great unit. Dead flat and looks to be well made. I might add that it was about $30 cheaper than the Trend rubbish also. Hope to have the new table finished this weekend.

Gwhat
9th February 2005, 02:46 PM
Chris

We're very glad you're happy with the new router plate, we would really appreciate some pics of your finished router table for the 'Braggers Page' on our website. www.woodpeckers.com.au then click on Braggers.

It really is a high quality, versatile plate at a very keen price.

Regards

The Woodpecker