PDA

View Full Version : metal saw gloat

snowyskiesau
20th February 2012, 01:50 PM
Went for a little drive yesterday (750kms) to pick up these little beauties from another forum member.
Triton metal saw and an 8" Triton bandsaw. :2tsup:

While the bandsaw may be a little on the small side for timber, it should do OK cutting aluminium which is what I want it for. I just have to get a suitable blade.

The metal saw has already been uded cutting a couple of pieces of 1" tubing. Much neater/quicker job than the angle grinder.

I'll really have to clean up the shed now so I can find a home for them.

Big Shed
20th February 2012, 02:36 PM
Nice score Geoff:2tsup:

Spent a few dollars on diesel then:oo:

wheelinround
20th February 2012, 02:44 PM
What Fred said

they will match the other orange gear at least Geoff. You'll have your own orange room full of tools.:U

snowyskiesau
20th February 2012, 03:25 PM
Nice score Geoff:2tsup:

Spent a few dollars on diesel then:oo:

Less than a tank full for the 750 - 800kms, mind you a tank full is $115 :oo:

I hadn't seen much of the northwest other than the drive from Devenport where the ferry berths. I took my time and went the scenic route and enjoyed the drive. Dropped off a few things for a friend and had lunch with her mum in Devonport
Apart from some torrential rain on the way home, a great trip. If I'd remembered to pack the sleeping bag and mattress, I would have slept somewhere overnight.
Pity it was so overcast otherwise I would have taken a few pictures.

wheelinround
20th February 2012, 03:29 PM
That Nth West scenic drive is nice Geoff along the ocean rd around through Penguin etc.

Dave J
20th February 2012, 05:22 PM
Looks like your getting set up over their, good score.:2tsup:

Dave

BobL
20th February 2012, 06:56 PM
. ..
While the bandsaw may be a little on the small side for timber, it should do OK cutting aluminium which is what I want it for. I just have to get a suitable blade.

A special blade might not be necessary. I cut ally with wood cutting BS blades and use hard wax as a lube. provided there are enough teeth in the cut it works fine.