PDA

View Full Version : Template guide survey

Tom O Donnell
10th November 1999, 07:49 PM
Hi Woodies
I would be interested in the number of woodies who would use Template Guide with their router on a regular basis and what you use it for.
Tom

------------------
TomnJarrah

Rod Smith
12th November 1999, 02:17 PM
Hi Tom. I use template guides for drilling dowell holes with very accurate jig a la Spielman, took me days to get the thing spot on. Hinge mortising with a shop made jig. Table leg mortising with another shop made jig. I use pattern following bits reasonably often, and half blind dovetail jig. These are bearing guided but are still sort of template guides. Occassional one off setups. I'm sure there's more but can't think of em now. See ya. Rod

------------------

Rod Smith
12th November 1999, 02:19 PM
Oh yeh, just remembered, adjustable shelf support holes with shop made jig. See ya.

------------------

Tom O Donnell
12th November 1999, 05:08 PM
Thanks rod for your reply I'm Sure you will think of other items that can be done. I do not purchase any manufactured jig but make my own as need dictates and that is usually every day. There are many items that appear in Mags / books etc, that could have been achieved with greater safety if only the template guide was used. Keep in Touch I propose to be in Adelaide to conduct workshops at Thebarton Senior College from 11th of December I'm just waiting for confirmation of numbers. At the workshop I will be demonstrating how the template guide is used for every project that will be made in the six hours duation of the workshop.
Cheers
Tom

------------------
TomnJarrah

[This message has been edited by Tom O Donnell (edited 12 November 1999).]

Tom O Donnell
10th February 2000, 08:15 PM
Hi Woodies

It seems that very few people out there use the template guides Well you are all missing out on what can be done with the router Email me and I shall return some samples
Tom

------------------
TomnJarrah

Tom O Donnell
10th February 2000, 08:16 PM
Hi Neil
At last I've managed to get back on line and leading with my chin.
Tom

------------------
TomnJarrah