PDA

View Full Version : triton finger jointer

routermaniac
6th February 2005, 05:17 PM
gday once again.

Just want to pick the brains of any of you than own the finger jointer... Does this thing do dovetails??? I remember seeing a demo at the woodworking show and I don't recall the little orange man doing any dovetails... :-)

It is the only accessory of the workcentre that I dont own and I am about to start making some boxes (preferably dovetailed), the idea of not having to use the router handheld for a precision joint, appeals to me.

Cheers

routermaniac

Gumby
6th February 2005, 06:08 PM
No it doesn'tdo dovetails, just finger joints which are basically the same only they aren't tapered like a dovetail. I'd suggest a Gifkins Dovetail jig in preference which gives far more variety of size etc. although it won't do half-blinds.

bsrlee
6th February 2005, 11:29 PM
What Gumby said. I have used one & it works, once you read the instructions :)

I have a vague idea that I heard the Triton were not going ot do a dovetail accessory as they didn't want to compete with Gifkins - live & let live, and Gifkins also recommend Triton router tables.

routermaniac
7th February 2005, 07:55 PM
thanks guys.

What Gumby said. I have used one & it works, once you read the instructions :)

I have a vague idea that I heard the Triton were not going ot do a dovetail accessory as they didn't want to compete with Gifkins - live & let live, and Gifkins also recommend Triton router tables.
If that is tritons' attitude then its a good one. We need more aussie companies making tools.