PDA

View Full Version : Bowral Mens Shed

Carry Pine
3rd March 2012, 05:41 PM
I had a look through these posts and there was no mention of Bowral Mens Shed. Sheddies meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays and there are specialty areas of woodwork, metalwork and computers.
For the zealous ones, there is a bike ride (usually about 20km) leaving from the shed at 8;30 am. Best effort each week gets to wear the King of the Mountain jersey.

Graham

colbra
4th July 2012, 07:17 PM
I had a look through these posts and there was no mention of Bowral Mens Shed. Sheddies meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays and there are specialty areas of woodwork, metalwork and computers.
For the zealous ones, there is a bike ride (usually about 20km) leaving from the shed at 8;30 am. Best effort each week gets to wear the King of the Mountain jersey.

Graham

Hi Graham when it warms up a bit I will come down and have a look around the place I beleve its a very pretty place I travel around and I am at Longreach at the moment on way to Emerald then home to Woy Woy Central Coast I will call into the shed and say gooday in Spring this year.
Colbra:)

wheelinround
4th July 2012, 10:00 PM
Mentioned the shed some time before this section was created. I went down 3 times with intention of joining nice bunch of blokes, nice drive that was back when thy still were working out doors from the little garage and under ground o the church.

Avery
4th July 2012, 11:23 PM

Graham[/QUOTE]

If we tried that at The Hills Men's Shed, I doubt that more than half a dozen would get out of the carpark, although we do have one over 70 member that does 20k or more every day. It is somehow quite disturbing to be driving down Windsor Road and pull up beside him at the lights at Box Hill.

Next time I head down to Berrima to pick up some tomato relish, chillie jam and mint relish etc. etc. , I will do it on a day that your shed is open, drop in and steal some ideas. I am particularly interested in what you do with your computer sessions. I would like to start some computer instruction stuff in our shed.

Good luck with your shed

Duncan.

colbra
4th July 2012, 11:25 PM
Mentioned the shed some time before this section was created. I went down 3 times with intention of joining nice bunch of blokes, nice drive that was back when thy still were working out doors from the little garage and under ground o the church.

Hi Ray I could always call in at your place for a cupa on the way through :):)

wheelinround
5th July 2012, 09:59 AM

Graham

If we tried that at The Hills Men's Shed, I doubt that more than half a dozen would get out of the carpark, although we do have one over 70 member that does 20k or more every day. It is somehow quite disturbing to be driving down Windsor Road and pull up beside him at the lights at Box Hill.

Next time I head down to Berrima to pick up some tomato relish, chillie jam and mint relish etc. etc. , I will do it on a day that your shed is open, drop in and steal some ideas. I am particularly interested in what you do with your computer sessions. I would like to start some computer instruction stuff in our shed.

Good luck with your shed

Duncan.[/QUOTE]

Avery when I was going down there 2 fellows were rebuilding old machines and either selling them at very low cost to towns folk who were just getting into computers or giving them to ids who couldn't afford them.

Must be good relish etc. I do understand we travel to Coff's for Honey

wheelinround
5th July 2012, 10:00 AM
Hi Ray I could always call in at your place for a cupa on the way through :):)

Pleasure Colbra Pm sent:2tsup: