PDA

View Full Version : Not a hijacking. An answer for Abratool.

Anorak Bob
4th March 2012, 11:16 AM
Bruce asked me a question regarding availability of mill accessories in Ray's Cincinnati thread and rather than divert the course of the original thread.......

Bruce likes my mill and I posted a link originally sent to me by Rod M, to a 13 for sale in NSW.

Thanks for the temptation, Bob.
Just as a matter of interest how difficult is it to get accessories fot the Schaublins ?
A couple of days back I found myself drooling over Deckels FP1 & FP2.
It must be an age thing but the older 1960 to 1970s looked very attractive. There is just a great style about them.
However after spending hours staring at dial indicators & pursuing flat surfaces off my 70 yr old surface grinder, & getting nothing done, I think if I dont break this accuracy addiction, time will run out.
Starting to think about what to take to scrape in the scrapeathon :rolleyes:
Bruce

I have seen three Schaublin 13 mill accessories on Ebay in 2 years. I bought one, an orignal Schaublin SA30 E32 collet chuck, on French Ebay. There was a Schaublin 10 inch rotary table auctioned on US Ebay just after I purchased my mill. It sold for a bit over 700 dollars. Then last year, again of French Ebay, a worm wheel and division plate assembly for the simple dividing head, sold for 700 Euros ( $1016 AU at the time ). Fortunately I have that assembly.

In contrast, Deckel accessories appear plentiful. Look at Franz Singer's website for starters. Singer Werkzeugmaschinen GmbH (http://www.singer-werkzeugmaschinen.de/)

Buying a naked Euro mill could easily result in disappointment as a result of not being able to exploit the flexibility offered by those accessories.

BT