PDA

View Full Version : Brisbane Timber & Working with Wood Show 2012

Superbunny
5th March 2012, 10:06 PM
Well I just got the email flyer for the show and I just can't wait, I've got my purchase list already and now to save some dollars. I gess Wendy will organise the forum both again as she does a great job and is a very nice person as well. See you all there.:D:D

SB

John Saxton
7th March 2012, 08:17 PM
The dates here if the link works.

Have not been to Brissie WW show for a while might wander over.

Timber & Working With Wood | Brisbane (http://www.impressiveexhibitions.com.au/index.php/exhibitions/timber-working-with-wood/brisbane.html)

Cheers:)

Christos
7th March 2012, 08:33 PM
The better the support for the shows the more likely the younger generation will take up the hobby.

Liz Falloon
8th March 2012, 12:27 PM
Hi Everyone, I have been absent from the forum for a while and didn't want to come on until we had something to say - if you get my drift!! Really glad to see you have received our newsletter about the show/s. One of the fires I have been putting out is someone in Brisbane has been spreading a malicious rumour that the show isn't on, with the clear intend of ruining yours and our Timber Shows, for what reason we do not know. The rumour is totally untrue and we are already well underway with planning and selling the show.
This year we have made the theme of the shows Come, Try and Learn, and must say the exhibitors have got right behind it. Already we have sessions from Arbotech, Festool, RDG Agencies, Tooltechnics, Ulphosterysupplies.com confirmed - these are in addition to their normal stand presentations. The come try and learn theme is so that the show becomes a lot more interactive and from comments fielded this is what visitors to the show want.
We also have Theo, Stan, Howard Products, Gifkins, Doug Bell returning. Ken Wraight joins the presentation circuit this year and will be on Jim Carroll's stand. These guys have all developed a new program for 2012 and alongwith their presentations they will be running interactive come, try and learn sessions. We are still putting the final touches on the program and hopefully we will have it ready to go to the website end of March.
Haven't spoken to Neil yet but am sure he will want to have a Brisbane Show special offer for forum members so keep watching for that. We will keep your entry price the same as last year and the year before that too!!! Happy to also provide the forum lounge again!!
Will keep you updated on how the show is going.
Until next time Liz

John Saxton
8th March 2012, 04:23 PM
Hi Liz, thanks for the heads up on progress towards another great year of TWW shows.

Your comments are well received and the continual support for the Forum & its members are also a boon for those of us with like minded interests that are on offer at the shows.
I'm sure we all will all look forward to all the shows at the individual locations that each in their own way offers unique local enterprise well received in each locale.
It is a pleasure to see well run, well spaced shows without the jostling that does occur in lesser organised shows.
In times long past it was often the case with previous shows that lacked thought for space however this is not the case with your undertakings in my view.

Best wishes in 2012 with your organisation.

Cheers:)

Superbunny
14th March 2012, 10:34 PM
Just sick of seeing the Sydney TWWW show at the top of the list and seeing ours is the first off the rank I just had to give it a bump up.:D:D

SB

Christos
15th March 2012, 02:12 PM
Just sick of seeing the Sydney TWWW show at the top of the list and seeing ours is the first off the rank I just had to give it a bump up.:D:D

SB

No reason for you not to attend as you have shown your commitment to the show. :U

ole1
18th May 2012, 07:06 PM
Today was my first time and won't be my last. Found it very educational, and picked up a few good boards, some new toys, and a lovely chopping board for the Mrs as a peace offering to the sudden fluctuation in the bank balance!

I was surprised just how busy it was at 10:15 this morning, the surrounding area was pretty well clogged with traffic.

Tempted to go back tomorrow! :)

Christos
18th May 2012, 08:45 PM

Tempted to go back tomorrow! :)

I like to quote from a certain movie on this one,

"Just when I thought I was out they dragged me back in."

Godfather Part 3

crowie
18th May 2012, 10:17 PM

SB
I had a fall last year & broke my hip the week before the Sydney show so I can't wait for this years show.

ubeaut
19th May 2012, 08:40 AM
Please post any Brisbane Show feedback into THIS THREAD (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f135/brisbane-2012-day-1-2-3-a-152807/)
NO! Not this thread! The one in the link above :aro-u: :aro-u: :aro-u: :aro-u: :aro-u: :aro-u:

Cheers - Neil :U