PDA

View Full Version : NZ Inspiration

kcam
8th March 2012, 03:19 PM
I have continued with my ceramic series being inspired by images of the Pohutukawa Trees (NZ Christmas Tree)that were in full bloom during a visit over last Christmas and then by art deco images evident in Napier. I first encountered the practice of "sgraffito" decorating a chapel in New Norcia (Western Australia) some years ago and was reminded of the practice watching a demonstration by Al Stirt at Turnfest last year. Since then I have dabbled with the idea and I posted a photo of one effort under "experimenting" a few months back. This time I have combined pyro and carving back to natural wood for effect....comments welcome. I have included a photo of the walk around Mt. Manganui that inspired the decoration. (last Pic)

Scott
8th March 2012, 09:12 PM
Love what you've done with these, very inspiring. I'd love to do the same with wood.

dr4g0nfly
9th March 2012, 02:41 AM
I do like the clean simple lines of the turning (anything but simple to do) which is then brough to life by the subsequent artwork.

And it's good of you to post the picture of your inspiration - always good to see there thought come from.:2tsup:

TTIT
9th March 2012, 09:59 PM
I like what you've done there kcam :2tsup: Give yourself a pat on the back mate!

cookie48
10th March 2012, 12:53 AM
Do like the red one. Very impressive. Well done on them all.

hughie
11th March 2012, 11:09 PM
You've done well :2tsup:

artme
12th March 2012, 06:02 AM
As with all your work kcam this is beautifully done.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

I like this treatment for its clarity and simplicity.