PDA

View Full Version : School Bus

elderly
9th March 2012, 03:06 PM
I asked my wife is she would choose a project from the toys and joys web site. She picked the school bus. Here are a few pics of my progress so far.
Cheers Elderly.

STAR
9th March 2012, 03:29 PM
I like the Toys & Joys plans, or at least the outcome of them. They really build some detail into them.

Not sure if i am ready for them just yet. I have met them half way, i am about to start on a new project that will be basic but then I intend to add a lot of detail so that the finished article is a bit more upmarket.

I like your bus.

pete

wheelinround
9th March 2012, 05:25 PM
Obviously down Horsham way the school buses are made in USA :;

Watching with interest

crowie
9th March 2012, 06:28 PM
G'Day Elderly,
From VW Bettle to School Bus; is Mrs Elderly trying to tell you something about a family...LOL.
You have been quiet since that beaut Bettle and now I see why; what a great project.
Well done Mrs Elderly another winner for a very able craftsman.
Keep the WIP photos coming, thank you Elderly.
Cheers, crowie

bobman 58
9th March 2012, 07:20 PM
hi elderly the school bus is looking good ive been thinking of doing it for a while now but got loads of other things to finish but i think i will make it in the future looking forward to seeing yours finished bob

AUSSIE
10th March 2012, 08:54 PM
The Bus is looking great Elderly.I really like it.
Doesn't Mr Wheely realize that the bus's drive up the wrong side of the road in Vic?Sort of the same thing like the postie riding his motor bike up the footpath:DWho said all that carp?:?

A Duke
10th March 2012, 09:39 PM
The Bus is looking great Elderly.I really like it.
Doesn't Mr Wheely realize that the bus's drive up the wrong side of the road in Vic?Sort of the same thing like the postie riding his motor bike up the footpath:DWho said all that carp?:?
Is that why they turn right from the left hand lane?

Dalboy
11th March 2012, 07:12 AM
Great start to what looks like a fantastic model:2tsup:

elderly
11th March 2012, 03:31 PM
There is no fooling you Wheeling.
Cheers Elderly

munruben
17th March 2012, 05:24 AM
Looks great . can't wait to see more. :2tsup:

elderly
18th March 2012, 03:35 PM
I have made a little more progress on my bus. I have made and fitted the roof, made the lights and indicators and cut out the fenders. The fenders still need a lot more shaping. I have also made the bonnet and grill assy this is sitting loose at the moment. I have attached a few pics.
Cheers Elderly.

elderly
18th March 2012, 03:38 PM
I forgot the pics. Here they are.
Cheers Elderly

Christos
18th March 2012, 04:57 PM
Looking good.

crowie
18th March 2012, 05:32 PM
G'Day Elderly,
You are doing a fine job on this bus, well done.
Cheers, crowie

bobman 58
18th March 2012, 08:13 PM
yes looking really good elderly your almost there

colbra
18th March 2012, 10:36 PM
I have made a little more progress on my bus. I have made and fitted the roof, made the lights and indicators and cut out the fenders. The fenders still need a lot more shaping. I have also made the bonnet and grill assy this is sitting loose at the moment. I have attached a few pics.
Cheers Elderly.

Hi Ederly you have made a great job of the school bus, would you mind tell us what the timbers are that you have used, they look great.:2tsup:
Colbra:)

elderly
19th March 2012, 01:21 PM
Thanks colbra. The main timber is Tassie Oak which I have used for the body and bonnet. The fenders and other details Jarrah, the wheels will also be made from Jarra.Thanks for your interest.
Cheers Elderly.

elderly
19th March 2012, 01:23 PM
Quite a way to go yet Bob there is a lot more detail than first appears.
Cheers Elderly.

Yonnee
19th March 2012, 03:59 PM
Great work, as usual Elderly.
I was going to enquire as to the ease of transposing the plans from L/H to R/H drive, but seeing as it's a North American school bus, there's probably not much point... :doh:

colbra
19th March 2012, 09:51 PM
Thanks colbra. The main timber is Tassie Oak which I have used for the body and bonnet. The fenders and other details Jarrah, the wheels will also be made from Jarra.Thanks for your interest.
Cheers Elderly.

Thanks Elderly for getting back to me with that information looking forward to seeing more of the school Bus build
Col:)