PDA

View Full Version : Maybe A New Member

AUSSIE
13th March 2012, 09:44 PM
Maybe A New Member
There is a model ship builder and his name is Danny Vadas.He recently bought a kit of a scale Concord Stage Coach The kit is pictured here (http://www.modelexpo-online.com/product.asp?ITEMNO=MS6001) Do you want to see Danny's progress with this model? If so please let him know here and we might be very lucky guys What do you think:2tsup:

bobman 58
13th March 2012, 10:19 PM
hi aussie i for one would like to follow his progress on the stagecoach it would make a bit of a change to see somthing different

colbra
13th March 2012, 10:30 PM
Maybe A New Member
There is a model ship builder and his name is Danny Vadas.He recently bought a kit of a scale Concord Stage Coach The kit is pictured here (http://www.modelexpo-online.com/product.asp?ITEMNO=MS6001) Do you want to see Danny's progress with this model? If so please let him know here and we might be very lucky guys What do you think:2tsup:

Hi Ross I think that would be great to watch Dannyies progress of the stage coach and may be some of his model ships as well. :2tsup:
Colbra:)

Robson Valley
14th March 2012, 05:09 AM
Me too. I want to see the build.
I never had anything but cheap kits as a kid, I'd like to see an honest "model" put together.
Next would be the 1:12 scale, live horses?

bj383ss
14th March 2012, 11:14 AM
Bring on your projects Danny. We would love to see your work!!!!!

Bret

crowie
14th March 2012, 11:39 AM
Maybe A New Member

G'Day Aussie,
That looks similar to your stagecoach but I may be mistaken.
If Danny has tackled that stagecoach he's surely a top modeller, even if it's a kit form.
Besides EVERYONE IS ALWAYS WELCOME on the forum from toymaker beginners to well accumlished modelers; we all being something to share, encourage and support each other.
So PLEASE, Ross. tell danny he's very welcome and please show us your handiwork.
Cheers, crowie

nine fingers
14th March 2012, 02:39 PM
Aussie, its about time you put some progress reports on your stage coach.:?
john.

AUSSIE
14th March 2012, 02:42 PM
Aussie, its about time you put some progress reports on your stage coach.:?
john.
aint gunna happen
Well here is an old one:)

Robson Valley
15th March 2012, 02:40 PM
AUSSIE: that's a museum-grade piece replica. Call it a model if you have to.
Bring Danny along and I hope we can all watch the build.

elderly
15th March 2012, 03:26 PM
I am sure Danny does not need our OK to post his stage coach build on this forum. I would love to see your work Danny.
Cheers and welcome Elderly.

Danny Vadas
15th March 2012, 06:27 PM
G'day all,

AUSSIE suggested I have a look at this site, and here I am - all signed up :U.

I only received the Concord Stage kit a couple of days ago, and so far I haven't even had time to check that everything's in the box let alone make a start on it. When I do I'll start a new Thread in the appropriate section (which is ..... ??) Help here - I don't want to get off on the wrong foot :roll: .

It's going to take me a couple of weeks to get started, as I intend to "bash" this Wells Fargo into a Cobb & Co and I need to do a bit of research on it - there are a LOT of differences to the kit, but it's a pretty good base to start from.

Meanwhile, as some of you seem interested to see where I'm coming from, here's a Link to my current Build Log on Model Ship World - HMS Vulture (1776). There are links to my previous Builds in my Signature, but BE WARNED - if you want to go through the whole lot ALLOW AT LEAST THREE DAYS. There are a LOT of pages to wade through :U.

HMS Vulture (http://www.modelshipworld.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15924&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0)

See ya all soon, Danny

AUSSIE
15th March 2012, 09:22 PM
Hi Danny and welcome.You will have a great time here- To start a new post is easy.Click on Scale Modelling and Start New Thread Make a name ie. Stage build- or anything else legal:D and away you go TOY MAKING - Woodwork Forums (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f174/):2tsup:

crowie
15th March 2012, 09:35 PM
G'day all,

AUSSIE suggested I have a look at this site, and here I am - all signed up :U.

I only received the Concord Stage kit a couple of days ago, and so far I haven't even had time to check that everything's in the box let alone make a start on it. When I do I'll start a new Thread in the appropriate section (which is ..... ??) Help here - I don't want to get off on the wrong foot :roll: .

It's going to take me a couple of weeks to get started, as I intend to "bash" this Wells Fargo into a Cobb & Co and I need to do a bit of research on it - there are a LOT of differences to the kit, but it's a pretty good base to start from.

Meanwhile, as some of you seem interested to see where I'm coming from, here's a Link to my current Build Log on Model Ship World - HMS Vulture (1776). There are links to my previous Builds in my Signature, but BE WARNED - if you want to go through the whole lot ALLOW AT LEAST THREE DAYS. There are a LOT of pages to wade through :U.

HMS Vulture (http://www.modelshipworld.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=15924&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0)

See ya all soon, Danny
G'Day & Welcome Danny,
You'll find the forum full of knowledgable & helpful blokes & ladies and for the most all too willing to assist.
There are all levels of interest & abilities in the toymakers but all love there woodwork.
Looking for to heaps of WIP photos & notes on your "stage coach".
Enjoy your woodwork.
Cheers, crowie

PS - Apoligies up front, I'll have a look at your ship later, thanks

bj383ss
15th March 2012, 11:30 PM
Danny,

Your ships are truly impressive. Even though they are kits you make them look just like the real thing. Just to let you know I hate it when people throw stones because you used a kit or plans. When I was in elementry school we had a school project to build a robot. I built one from my Legos from scratch not using plans. I took it to school and my teacher failed me because I used Legos and she thought I used plans to build it thus not using my imagination. When my mom found out she went to the school and had it out with the teacher! hehe.

Anyways I look forward to seeing your builds on here and your WIP photos will be very intersting. I really like the barrels on your Norfolk Sloop you will have to do a WIP for us.

Bret

P.S. What do you do with your ships when you are done? Do you still have them all are they on display?

Yonnee
16th March 2012, 12:06 PM
Hey Danny, & welcome aboard. :2tsup:

Hopefully, you'll find us a little more easy going than a certain "scratch built only" forum... :doh: :U

I'm certainly looking forward to seeing the progress of your "Cobb & Co." replica, and something tells me you're going to be raising the bar a little for the rest of us.

AUSSIE
16th March 2012, 02:01 PM
Hey Yonnee
Talking about Scratchin. You must be doing it a bit.You have bought some tools and I dont remember even seeing a matchstick to scratch on the side of a box.Do you just look at the tools?:2tsup:

Yonnee
16th March 2012, 04:43 PM
I wondered if you'd bring that up... :q

I am trying to find the time to re-arrange and extend the shed to create a woodworking room, along with finishing a motorbike trailer for a customer, finishing the deck and pergola, finishing the deck in the pool area, finishing re-insulating the house roof, as well as juggling two young kids and outdoor cricket...

Anyone know where I can find a few extra days in each week...??

But I have been trialling some way of making wheels, without setting my wood lathe up and learning how to use it...

AUSSIE
16th March 2012, 09:24 PM
I wondered if you'd bring that up... :q

I am trying to find the time to re-arrange and extend the shed to create a woodworking room, along with finishing a motorbike trailer for a customer, finishing the deck and pergola, finishing the deck in the pool area, finishing re-insulating the house roof, as well as juggling two young kids and outdoor cricket...

Anyone know where I can find a few extra days in each week...??

But I have been trialling some way of making wheels, without setting my wood lathe up and learning how to use it...
I worked out many years ago.as long as you earn more money per hour-Get someone else to do the jobs like deck & pergola--OH and insulating the roof That way you have more time to earn more money as well as do other things-like maybe woodwork hobby etc.You could be building a trailer while watching the guy building your deck:roll:

munruben
17th March 2012, 05:19 AM
Just caught up with this thread, (I am overseas in the UK at the moment) Look forward to seeing more of your work Danny. :2tsup::2tsup:

bobman 58
17th March 2012, 08:01 AM
hi john what you doing over here if i knew you was coming you could of bought me a few lengths of that lovely australian jarrah bob

Danny Vadas
17th March 2012, 03:40 PM
Hi all, and thanks for the welcomes - this looks like a very friendly Site :) .

As I mentioned before, I won't be starting on the Cobb & Co Stage for a little while yet but when I do I'll start a Thread on it straight away.

Even though they are kits you make them look just like the real thing.

Up until my current build (HMS Vulture) I've been building Kits, 9 wooden ships and a Sopwith Camel biplane, but "Vulture" is my first foray into a total Scratchbuild. My three most recent Kits involved a very large percentage of Scratchbuilding as well. I'm not biased one way or the other, but I DO enjoy "Scratching" a fair bit more :; .

OK - back to work in the Shipyard .... see you all again soon.

Danny