PDA

View Full Version : Horse Drawn Vehicles Interest

AUSSIE
19th March 2012, 03:34 PM
Recently there has been some interest by builders of Scale Horse Drawn Vehicles Including myself.
Maybe we could bounce off each other with ideas and techniques , parts & plans supplier lists etc.This may take awhile
Some of the Forumites interested are-_

TKO
kelrob@blueyond
Danny Vadas
Elderly--- has built a Stagecoach HERE (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f201/wip-stagecoach-122149/)
jatcod24scijatcod24sci -- John
AUSSIE
TK1 I think as well from memory Had a Cobb &Co.Plan?
Ninefingers has build a Stagecoach a few years ago as well.
I know I have missed some.Please forgive me
Post your name and interest here
This is a different Scale model Hobby from the Norm

crowie
19th March 2012, 08:14 PM
Recently there has been some interest by builders of Scale Horse Drawn Vehicles Including myself.
Maybe we could bounce off each other with ideas and techniques , parts & plans supplier lists etc.This may take awhile
Some of the Forumites interested are-_

TKO
kelrob@blueyond
Danny Vadas
Elderly--- has built a Stagecoach HERE (http://www.woodworkforums.com/f201/wip-stagecoach-122149/)
jatcod24scijatcod24sci -- John
AUSSIE
TK1 I think as well from memory Had a Cobb &Co.Plan?
Ninefingers has build a Stagecoach a few years ago as well.
I know I have missed some.Please forgive me
Post your name and interest here
This is a different Scale model Hobby from the Norm

The whole lot are really just toys made by everything from beginners to craftsmen.

How about putting all the beaut wooden toys everyone makes in the toymaking section as they are all toys; some for playing with and others for looking at!

I love them all plus I really appreciate the help, assistance and knowledge of all the blokes and ladies who do it.

Cheers, crowie

mardtrp
19th March 2012, 10:22 PM
The whole lot are really just toys made by everything from beginners to craftsmen.

How about putting all the beaut wooden toys everyone makes in the toymaking section as they are all toys; some for playing with and others for looking at!

I love them all plus I really appreciate the help, assistance and knowledge of all the blokes and ladies who do it.

Cheers, crowie

Now there's a breath of fresh air, at least somebody is thinking clearly, thanks Crowie.

Mark

Yonnee
22nd March 2012, 09:53 AM

I'm going to disagree with you there Crowie. "Toys" are what children (and children at heart) play with and learn from. "Models" are replica display pieces that a craftsman produces to develop and showcase their skills and abilities, either for their own satisfaction or for others to appreciate (usually both).

Currently they are lumped together under the one heading, but it's a little bit like telling pen turners that it's all just wood turning... :o :;

TKO
28th March 2012, 10:06 PM
Hi Yonnee. I agree scale models are not toys if you spend 500hrs plus making every bit metal and wood.

TKO

TK1
30th March 2012, 09:29 PM
Hi,

I'll put my 2c in since my name was mentioned :rolleyes:

I must agree that scale models aren't in the same category as wooden toys - toys are representation of an object but not exact, whereas a scale model strives to be as accurate and exact as possible (and are therefore possibly more fragile and intricate). Not sure if Louis Chenot would let his grandkids push his working 1/6 Duesenberg around on the carpet??! :o (see "Might interest you" thread in this Scale Model forum, posted by ).

Not to take anything away from the toy makers - I'd be happy if some of my models were that neat! Each to their own, and on the flipside I agree there's much to be learnt from each area of the hobby, so I certainly visit both forums.

Anyway, enough of a rant.

I'm certainly interested in HDW - although my main interest is boats, I'm endeavouring to do on HDV or two in 1/12 scale. Not sure about the coach, but have plans also for some brewers draws.

Certainly happy to exchange ideas, tips, etc with other local builders. Perhaps even a meet up one day? It does seem to be a different aspect to the hobby than others with particular techniques, etc.

Regards,
Darren