PDA

View Full Version : Router Mounting Plate (AJA150) - anyone own one/use it?

Chipmunk
11th February 2005, 11:15 AM
Greetings all,

Does anyone own one of these? What do you use it for? They're going cheap for around $20 and I thought it might be worth picking one up - just in case...

Look forward to hearing from you good folk...

silentC
11th February 2005, 11:26 AM
Don't have one and don't know what it is but would hazard a guess that you would use it to mount a router upside down in a table. Heck, it's only 20 bucks, what have you got to lose?

Gumby
11th February 2005, 11:32 AM
I think that's the plate which allows the router to be used on the WC2000. It slides across on the table rails when it's in crosscut mode so you can do dados on panels that slide in underneath. Great for making bookcases etc. At that price I'll grab one, where are they ?

Chipmunk
11th February 2005, 11:49 AM
Bunnings will beat the Mitre10 Monster discount sale that they have on at the moment...it's store wide with different discount percentages depending on how much you spend...

MikeL
11th February 2005, 01:36 PM
Gumby is Correct, (First time for everything..! :D )

This is from the Triton Site....

http://www.triton.net.au/products/access_2.html#wk

Router Mounting Plate (AJA150)

· Suits most routers for crosstrenching on the Triton Workcentre. Also suits fitting of most jigsaws for use with early model Triton Router & Jigsaw Tables (manufactured prior to model RTA300).

Gumby
11th February 2005, 01:48 PM
Gumby is Correct, (First time for everything..! :D )

You'll keep !! :D :D

MikeL
11th February 2005, 01:57 PM
Geeez.. Pay a compliment and this is what I get back... Hmmmph.. What gratitude..! :rolleyes:

BarryBurgess
11th February 2005, 06:05 PM
Be aware that the AJA150 does not have a fast mounting option for the Triton Router- You have to buy RTA423 to achieve this
Works well on the Workcentre if you dont have a Router table

Lucas
11th February 2005, 08:10 PM
Yep i've got one

works great for trenching on the 2000 workcentre
only takes me a minute to fit the router
at $20 its well worth it

najevi
11th April 2008, 12:31 AM
Be aware that the AJA150 does not have a fast mounting option for the Triton Router- You have to buy RTA423 to achieve this
You can secure the 1/2" Router to the AJA150 slide plate in just a couple of minutes. I'm not sure how much faster you'd need than that. Refer:
http://www.woodworkforums.com/showpost.php?p=717166&postcount=4

damian
11th April 2008, 11:17 AM
I have 2. I have 2 for a reason. Addressing some of the previous posts..

The RTA 300 has an attachment system where you only have to turn 4 knobs a bit and the router is engaged or released. The AJA requires you mount the router and screw down the bolts. They are slower than the RTA 300.

You can't use an AJA under a mk3 top (and I assume 2000) to table route or mount a jigsaw. The new ones don't fit, although you could remove the 4 slider blocks and redrill. You'd lose a bit of height. The old equivalent of the AJA didn't have this problem, they are part cast and look more like the saw mount. They will fit up under a mk3 top like the saw mount. If your using a router you'll need a mk3 top with the hole in it.

I have two because I can mount my jigsaw in one and router in the other and quick swap on my older router table (RTA200?).

So without an older router table the AJA is limited to overhead routing on the lower deck of the triton, ie dadoes etc.

So as always the item suitability is dependent on what your trying to do. AJA's come up regularly on ebay but as with most triton stuff the saving is not large especially after you consider shipping. They are really useful for me but only because of the other bits I have and the stuff I do. I recently bought a set of bolts and clamps as a spare part through bunnings. This was $15, so $20 for a complete plate is excellant buying. They are normally $40. However no matter how cheap it is if you never use it...

Stuart
12th April 2008, 10:20 PM
fwiw, this is a very old thread just reopened.