PDA

View Full Version : wood turning

brock5
20th March 2012, 06:48 PM
hi does anyone no of wood turners in darwin and does anyone have burls for sale :)cheers

Zedicus
20th March 2012, 07:28 PM
G'day,

The fella on this site was doing turning classes when I was up in Darwin. Did a couple with him myself in 2010. I'll be back up there more than likely next year. Ian had a heap of seasoned wood/timber in his shed so may be able to help you out with some burls. He is a good bloke too:2tsup:.

MacRaild Ian in Darwin, NT - Local Directories (http://www.localdirectories.com.au/Darwin,NT/MacRaild-Ian/profile/WreJ)

All the best.

brock5
20th March 2012, 08:27 PM
thanks heaps just getting in to it.:)

wheelinround
20th March 2012, 09:27 PM
brock5 I know a fellow who does turn lives east coast but enters the Darwin Show and he tells me there are others local.............as local as 300k's anyways.

brock5
21st March 2012, 12:03 PM
would you be able to get their names and their phone number. cheers:)

brock5
21st March 2012, 01:54 PM
does anyone no where they sell nice wood for furniture in darwin. cheers:)

WOODbTURNER
21st March 2012, 07:55 PM
Brock,

Ian Mac is away and should be in contact next week. The burl sale supply in Darwin is very lean to non existent. If you have a chainsaw, you could do a trip down the track and hope you don't get nicked by the land owners or the Govt. Best to ask the owners first. The best burls around Darwin have mostly been claimed already. If you see Ian he will be able to put you in the right direction with woodturning and furniture timber info.