PDA

View Full Version : Internal Stair Timber Balustrade - HELP - Brisbane

caldcroft
26th March 2012, 10:46 AM
Hello, I am on Brisbane southside. A home renovating. Would like to replace the timber balustrade in my house. Simple area to do it in but having issues looking for suppliers. Would prefer to buy the pre-cut pieces and fit them myself. Happy to stain and polish. Does anyone have any advice on suppliers or where I can even start with this job? Thankyou

Gaza
26th March 2012, 04:48 PM
hammersmith wood turning from SA they send all over Aus, but you will need to cut yourself as when installing need to fit top rail first then cut balsters to suit

petersemple
26th March 2012, 05:19 PM
There is a place in Capalaba that sell the components (or they certainly did a few years ago). Stairway Solutions - Builders of quality internal and external timber stairs and balustrade (http://www.stairwaysolutions.com.au/index.html)

caldcroft
29th March 2012, 09:15 AM
Hello. Thankyou for your help so far. Stairway solutions didn't quote us components when I rang up, they got a builder instead to come out and see us. Would prefer to go into a shop if I could to check it out.

dabbler
29th March 2012, 11:47 AM
Paradise Timbers at Helensvale might be worth a look. Not too far from you if suppliers are scarce.

They have a sales/showroom of sorts and the staff were friendly. I've only bought smaller amounts of dressed stock from them but they mainly deal in mouldings and shaped fittings. Not sure if they are competitive either but they had some nice timbers.

petersemple
29th March 2012, 12:21 PM
STairway solutions have a showroom in Capalaba. I bought Kwila from them to make risers for a set of steps that were open. They would have sold me a stringer too, but decided not to go that way. They would have also sold me components for balustrading, but I stripped and repainted the original iron one and it came out looking good.

sunstones
18th April 2012, 12:01 PM
Have you tried Finalysons?