PDA

View Full Version : Lancer and Princess :)

gawdelpus
28th March 2012, 06:27 PM
I have been a bit slack on pens for the last couple of weeks ,finally yesterday I dug out some kits ,drilled glued and faced off for turning :) Here's two a princess in acrylic,and a lancer in buffalo horn . cheers ~ John

cookie48
28th March 2012, 08:00 PM
That is a great pair of pens. Like the kits and the blanks. Well done. Congrats.

seriola
28th March 2012, 08:41 PM
Both really nice, I haven't used either of these kits yet but must do so. Very different looking colour in the two shots,is the pink the closer in real life?

Jack.Tar
28th March 2012, 08:48 PM
Very nice, where are the kits from?

gawdelpus
28th March 2012, 08:55 PM
Both really nice, I haven't used either of these kits yet but must do so. Very different looking colour in the two shots,is the pink the closer in real life?

The pink is about halfway between the 2 pictures :) its a funny color mix with black pink and white pearlescent swirls. ~ John

Grommett
28th March 2012, 08:56 PM
I love the buffalo and the kit
I am sorry but the difficult iPad mades longer comments hard.
Great work.

gawdelpus
28th March 2012, 08:57 PM
Very nice, where are the kits from?

Jack ,the Lancer was from Woodturningz and the princess from Penn state .I think I got both from woodturningz though as they are Penn resellers, and have cheaper postage lol.

Ironwood
28th March 2012, 09:11 PM
Nice work John, I havent seen either of those kits before.

Did you put a finish on the horn ?

gawdelpus
28th March 2012, 09:17 PM
Nice work John, I havent seen either of those kits before.

Did you put a finish on the horn ?

I just treat these as acrylics .MM to 12000, then a bit of plastex polish they shine up real well :)
I have sold a few of the princess pens in various colors of crystals, but this was my first Lancer as they are new on the market, and I like to offer my customers as much variety as possible , sometimes too much hehe. cheers ~ John

Ironwood
28th March 2012, 09:19 PM
Thanks, I have got a bit of Buffalo horn waiting for some inspiration.

artme
29th March 2012, 05:47 AM
Love them both but the lancer is a real standout!!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

JTTHECLOCKMAN
29th March 2012, 06:12 AM
Again you step up with a neat idea of actually combining them. I have the Princess kits just never found some blanks that went well. This is the first time I am seeing the king pen. I guess it has its followers. Maybe worth getting a few of these. Thanks for showing.

munruben
30th March 2012, 10:18 AM
Beautiful work John.:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: