PDA

View Full Version : Majestic Saturday

Pariss
31st March 2012, 04:18 PM
Hey guys. Finally cooled down enough to spend some shed time this weekend. Just finished these 2 GPW JR Majestic pens. The acrylic one is called 'it's art' and the wooden one is 'Figured Koa' from my pen swap with Spanky243 in Maui. Usual 20 coats of CA + Brasso + Maguires Speed Glaze for the wooden pen, and MM all the way for the acrylic pen + Brasso + Maguires. :D

Grommett
31st March 2012, 04:22 PM
Beautiful work. Have to love the Koa.

Dorno
31st March 2012, 05:51 PM
Very Nice pens Pariss:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: But I have 1 Criticism and it has nothing to to with the pens it is the photo's that you have taken. I am not sure what is wrong with them but they do not do your pens justice as the look out of proportion or something.

The two pens are great and I would love to see them with some better pics if possible ?

Cheers Ian

Pariss
31st March 2012, 06:51 PM
The two pens are great and I would love to see them with some better pics if possible ?

Cheers Ian[/QUOTE]

He he, .... I was trying to be Arty-Fartie with my angled pic's Ian, can't you tell photographic art when ya see it ?. :rolleyes:. .. I'll take a couple pic's more in the morning. :B

Gloriac
31st March 2012, 07:38 PM
Lovely workmanship :2tsup:

cookie48
31st March 2012, 11:43 PM
Great work. Well done

JTTHECLOCKMAN
31st March 2012, 11:59 PM
The Majestic kit is still one of the nice kits around. It is not over the top blingy to me for its size. They both look great but the acrylic really pops. It has alot going for it. I like it alot. Thanks for showing.:2tsup:

Whaler1
1st April 2012, 03:04 AM
Great looking pens. Fit and finish are spot on.

Pariss
1st April 2012, 08:28 AM
A few (bit better) pics of these pens. The amazing chatoyancy of the fig Koa just won't show up in these pics. Cheers for the feed-back fellers. Have a great Sunday ! :2tsup:
Actually, on second inspection, I reckon these pics are worse than the 1st lot. Because of the height difference of the pens sitting on the display stands, the camera is not able to focus correctly on all at once, and because it automatically goes to macro setting, is tending to distort the shape of the pens. Looks like I need to lay the pens flat to get better pics.