PDA

View Full Version : Teknatool parts

Gingermick
14th February 2005, 08:04 AM
Does anyone know where I can get teknatool parts (TL1000) in queensland?
I need the sur-clip that holds the handle in the tailstock.
Cheers
Mick

smidsy
14th February 2005, 12:43 PM
Hei Mick,
If you have a sample of the circlip or even the size go to a decent auto parts shop if all else fails and you should be able to get one.
Cheers
Paul

Sir Stinkalot
14th February 2005, 01:42 PM
Try Jim Carroll at Carrolls Woodcraft Supplies (http://au.store.yahoo.com/cws-store/index.html) .... mail order for you but it will save you hunting around.

vic
17th February 2005, 09:40 PM
G'day Mick, Are you talking about the clip that locks the tailstop spindle in the tailstock?If so you can make this from a flat washer (about the same diameter as twenty cent piece) cut it in half, and the grub screw in the handle will tighten an hold it in. Hope this is what you are looking for . . . keep on makin' chips. Vic VRW

Gingermick
18th February 2005, 08:05 AM
Vic, It was the clip that locks the handle to the collar. (Collar sits inside tailstock and it gets locked with grub screw) I took both bits to the bearing store yesterday and he found a clip that nearly fit and put it on. Just had to grind off some lugs so it would fit in the tailstock, but it seems to be working. Not really game to put much pressure on tho.
Maybe I should sharpen my drill bits. spades and augers.
Thanks
Mick

rsser
18th February 2005, 04:06 PM
Maybe I should sharpen my drill bits. spades and augers.
Thanks
Mick

Yep, an ounce of sharpening is worth a pound of results ;-}

It's a kind of soothing thing that I do when I'm out of creative energy for turning.