PDA

View Full Version : speed issue

toby.1944@hotma
1st April 2012, 04:41 PM
hi to all. can someone help or advice please. over the past couple of months i seem to have lost some of my internet speed, as an example, before the current problem i could listen to an interupted song on u/tube,and now have interuptions all the way thru, unless i pause and wait for it to load up fully.
my comp/tech recently give it a service and found a few problems, but the speed issue still remains. he said its could a provider problem, my knowledge of
computor problems is very limited.

Master Splinter
1st April 2012, 05:30 PM
Try running some speedtest reports (Speedtest.net - The Global Broadband Speed Test (http://www.speedtest.net)) and see how they compare with what you are paying for.

Are you wireless, ADSL, cable or fibre??

Youtube can also have its days when it is slow, so it can be a problem from their end.

toby.1944@hotma
2nd April 2012, 04:46 PM
hi master splinter. thank you for the response, i have ADSL the speed i pay for is 1500/256 i done a speed test as you suggested the result is 1.19mps
as in my previous thread my speed was fine until it just slowed down.

Master Splinter
2nd April 2012, 07:20 PM
1.19 from a 1.5 ADSL connection isn't too shabby at all - is your router to PC link hardwired or wireless?

Anytime it is slow, run the speedtest report; that'll show if it is you or Youtube. My bet is on Youtube, most of the time; I'm on fiber and I've had Youtube remind me of (buffering) the good old (buffering) days of Real (buffering) Networks (buffering).