PDA

View Full Version : Sit down Lathe

Willy Nelson
4th April 2012, 11:00 PM
Good evening all

Our Woodturning Guild has become the grateful recipient of a Vicmarc sit down lathe.

The Kwinana Council has kindly donated the money to us after we requested a grant. As most of you know, wood truners are not teenagers (some dissension mayoccur here), and that some members may not be able to stand at a lathe, or may be wheelchair bound. The lathe can be configured for normal use, or will inclement down to a person sitting.

I believe this is a first for WA, not sure of other states, or even over seas.

The link to the Vicmarc machine is Vicmarc - Wood Lathes, Chucks, Jaws and Accessories - (http://www.vicmarc.com/default.asp?contentID=718)

Should you wish to join our Guild (we have4 Vicmarcs (now 5), 4 big Jets, and some other lathes) here are the details

WANDI
Wandi Community Hall, DeHaer Rd, Wandi
7:00pm 1st & 3rd Thursdays, General Meeting and Demo,8:00am - 12:00pm Tuesday (hands on).6.00pm - 9.00pm Tuesday (hands on).8.00am-12.00pm Wednesday (Hands On). 12:00pm - 4:00pm Wednesday (Ladies Group). cost per meeting $3.50
Barrie Knop 0411518114 or Dave Mundy 0417089527

Cheers
Willy
Jarrahland

Scott
5th April 2012, 08:27 AM
Great acquisition to an already impressive arsenal. It's pleasing that clubs such as yours provides disabled access to your facilities. Well done :)

wheelinround
5th April 2012, 09:48 AM
I use a draftsmans chair to uncomfortable in the wheelchair as it puts strain on my lower back and shoulder/neck regions. I should say the stool is at near full hieght and this may be a better idea for those who do stand/walk but need to sit. with the swivel headstock of the Nova it gives me access to do all I can.

I have just read another clubs newsletter from Qld doing the same thing wounder if Vicmarc are behind it at all good to hear.:2tsup: