PDA

View Full Version : Hit and miss Engine

TKO
6th April 2012, 03:41 PM
Hi all , over the years I have dabbled in many hobbie's.it works like this ,read a magazine gee I like that and I have to make it., that put's me in another hobby.

The engine in the Photo came about because a friend of mine who makes scale steam locos,him being a retired engineer said try making a hit snd miss engine
and that started another hobby, So from the plans I made the Rowville engine,First pic
did not like the petrol tank and exhaust so altered it,to the third pic,it is not a kit and is all fabricated made every thing from scratch,including gears ,it is a 4 stroke engine,and coil ignition the coil is in the base.It is a 1/4 scale model starts and runs good,my early model making never saw me taking pics of what I was making till this last 18 months or so,:doh:,I still have the plans .So I then become involved with further project's.perhaps another day:).

Cheers
Edwin.

ps the name of first pic is Rowville ,eddieville is the name of the third pic alteratiom,sorry about that booboo.

Bushmiller
6th April 2012, 05:23 PM
It's a beauty:2tsup:

Regards
Paul

A Duke
6th April 2012, 06:08 PM
A beauty.
The name reminds me of the advertising blurb for the nineteen hundreds Napier 6, "all engines miss on one or two cylinders when first started, this is most noticeable on single and twin cylinder engines."
Regards

Bushmiller
6th April 2012, 07:42 PM
A beauty.
The name reminds me of the advertising blurb for the nineteen hundreds Napier 6, "all engines miss on one or two cylinders when first started, this is most noticeable on single and twin cylinder engines."
Regards

:D

Priceless Hugh.

Regards
Paul

TKO
7th April 2012, 10:20 PM
Thanks you guys you are priceless:U

Cheers Edwin

crowie
13th April 2012, 09:57 PM
Well Done Edwin,
You sure are a multi-talanted craftsmen.
I've often just stood and watched & listened to similar engines a steam & model shows,
marvelling at the workmanship while chatting to a proud owner.
Cheers, crowie

TKO
24th April 2012, 11:56 PM
Even I am fasinated by this engine,It is so simple in it's workings ,I took the measurements from the original model ,which resides in a farmers home in Ovens Nr Myrtleford Vic ,it was made in a Engineering firm in Queensland ,don't know much else about it. but a bit of heat on the end and it soon get's up to speed, The base is all timber it should be aliminium,but was to pricey for me,the rest is out of the scrap box,the fly wheel cut from a large piece of pipe , two small bearings taken from other broken works,keeps it running smoothly.Model is 16ins long.

Cheers Edwin