PDA

View Full Version : lamipanel

rackrussel
15th February 2005, 06:31 PM
hi
i had a really good look around the site, its awsome.

i'm redoing the bathroom and about to put lamipanel on over villaboard.
never having had anything to do with the stuff before i was wondering does it have some sort of plastic joiner (like fibro). if it does can a seamless join be created without it and how would you go about it

cheers

Jon
15th February 2005, 09:00 PM
jackrussel,

lamipanel does have a joiner but when I used it, was a little different to the fibro type.

The joiner comes in two parts, a piece that you fix to the wall before putting the sheets up, and then a cover strip that clicks into place once the sheets are installed. The corner moulding works on a similar process. They are coloured to match the sheets. There is also a top strip that is just a c section that hooks over and a bottom strip for finishing the bottom edge on top of baths etc. but I forget what sort of profile it had.

I probably would not butt joint them for looks and sealing.

I used it in a bathroom and was very happy with it. I have also used ceramalite and was not so happy.

Jon

vsquizz
15th February 2005, 10:22 PM
Try doing a search of this board for "Hardiglaze". We have had some discussion before. I think I posted some links to Hardie and Laminex websites.

Cheers

rackrussel
16th February 2005, 10:50 AM
cheers
thanks for the help
rackrussel

rackrussel
16th February 2005, 10:51 AM
"you never know if you never ask"
cheers
thanks for the help
rackrussel

rackrussel
18th February 2005, 02:38 PM
i went to see my supplier and was shown internal external and straight joiners in the same colour as the panelling and now understand where i am headed...... thanks