PDA

View Full Version : my swap pen from PTOWNSUBBIE

mkypenturner
10th April 2012, 01:21 PM
hi guys
i got this last thursday but went away for easter and am only getting round to posting pics of what an amazing pen i got from PTOWNSUBBIE
it is a componentless pen with a handmade clip
the blank was made by himself and the front section is black ebonite and the nib is a heritance nib
i was excited to see the parcel arrive as the postie took his time getting it to me and when i opened it there was a heap of great mix of blanks the most unusual blank is the dakota burl blank made from sunflower seeds
anyway heres the pics
i did have to take a heap of the pen it deserves it !!

mkypenturner
10th April 2012, 01:23 PM
more of the pics
he did tell me that he is only starting into kitless and this is his first with a clip

PenTurner
10th April 2012, 01:42 PM
Delicious!! nice one!:2tsup::2tsup:, one happy Pen Turner for sure! Amos:):2tsup:

QC Inspector
10th April 2012, 04:02 PM
Your fortunate to get such a nice pen and batch of blanks. Worth the wait.

Pete

Dorno
10th April 2012, 04:05 PM
Bonsa :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: You lucky .......? :D person :) you certainly got spoilt didn't you ?

Cheers Ian

Ironwood
10th April 2012, 09:00 PM
Hey Troy, good to see you finally put some pics of your swap pen up for everyone to see.

I have to confess, I have held, and drooled over this pen.
When I held it in my hand,I was firstly surprised by the weight ( or lack of ) this is a very lightweight pen, no metal components sure does make a difference, then I was taken back by the beauty of the blank. Then once I started to study the workmanship that has gone into creating this great pen, I was envious of the skills that Ptownsubbie has, it is no accident that this pen is so beautiful.

One day I hope to get to the stage of making kitless/componentless pens, I hope mine can come close to this one.

plantagenon
10th April 2012, 10:39 PM
That piece of Hackberry looks as though it will make a lovely pen. Well done Troy

mkypenturner
12th April 2012, 02:20 PM
Bonsa :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: You lucky .......? :D person :) you certainly got spoilt didn't you ?

Cheers Ian
hey ian the answer is yes i did
i showed it to the members of my local club yesterday and they were amazed with the workmanship in it
someone even asked if i would be donating it to my club for a raffle :oo:
i didnt say anything but as the saying goes .... IF LOOKS COULD KILL :D

PTownSubbie
21st April 2012, 11:42 AM
Troy,

I am glad you liked it! I have lots of room for improvement but I use my first kitless daily as my writer and I love the way they write!

Thanks for the cudos!! Enjoy!

Fred

Penpal
21st April 2012, 01:17 PM
Troy,

Delightful pen from Fred the grey into swirls to darker tones giving it character the overall design set with the lookalike paper clip clip completes the pen IMHO.

In Canberra every year just before the University Exams a relative of the Sycamore tree sheds ankle deep cotton fluff all over, the students say if they have not studied hard enough by then its too late like some sort of omen.

Neat set of blanks some crazy grain in there.

Well done you two.

Kind regards Peter.:2tsup: