PDA

View Full Version : One piece Cigar

Ironwood
15th April 2012, 08:25 PM
This is my first one piece Cigar.
I loosely followed Les in Reddeer's tutorial, a couple of things I need to improve on for the next one, but am reasonably happy with it.
I used a piece of Budgeroo.

205078 205077205076 205075

mkypenturner
15th April 2012, 08:40 PM
nice work brad :2tsup: going to have to try that one as well love the budgeroo

gawdelpus
15th April 2012, 10:18 PM
I guess with this you have to be careful not to unscrew the nib end when twisting the refill in and out , at least you can get a grip of the nib end to pull the mechanism out for changing the ink :) always bothered me with the one piece slims or the like :)
Looks a good way to show off nice blanks though :) cheers ~ John :2tsup::2tsup:

Ironwood
16th April 2012, 07:39 AM
It is pretty easy to pull the nib and mechanism out on this one John.

I would like to have the feature of being able to change the refil by unscrewing the nib, but you have to tighten it up pretty well, otherwise as you say, it will unscrew when twisting the refil in or out.

I havent got this one up to the standard of where I would put it up for sale, but a few improvements, and I would be happy to sell them.

plantagenon
16th April 2012, 08:12 AM
Very nicely done Iron. The shape is excellent. :2tsup::2tsup::2tsup:

bench1holio
16th April 2012, 09:41 AM
looks pretty good brad, i also love the budgeroo, beautiful to turn.
i found if you shorten the top barrel a bit it makes it easier to pull out to change the refill :2tsup:

gawdelpus
16th April 2012, 10:21 AM
Got me thinking now :) might try a cast copper or stainless one of these :) cheers ~ John

Ironwood
16th April 2012, 10:40 AM
Sounds good John, just got the step between the 2 tubes to overcome somehow, as the lower tube thats glued into the blank is a Sierra tube which is slightly bigger than the upper tube.

I havent cast any pens with braided tube before, so maybe I am reading too much into it.

gawdelpus
16th April 2012, 10:49 AM
Ironwood ! I am thinking to cast the braid on a Sierra tube ,then glue the cigar tube for the cap end in :) not looked at it yet but more than possible :) cheers ~ John

artme
16th April 2012, 12:20 PM
Noice!:2tsup::2tsup::2tsup: