PDA

View Full Version : buy and sell books.

bluegum30
16th April 2012, 03:40 PM
I buy a few books on line from the Book Depository U K. and was wondering if any forum members in Australia has posted a book the size of How Civilization Dies and Why Islam is Dying too,the author is David P Goldman.

This particular book of 300 pages in hard cover is $22.90 postage free to my door,i'm aware it's not a lot of money but was just thinking about books that i have and if this could be a way to off load some and buy some.

The main things i wanted to know are cost,how well do you have to wrap and if any forum members can give me an amount you would pay for books like this second hand if the books are in good condition.

Lloyd.

NCArcher
16th April 2012, 06:50 PM
About half cover price is typical. Postage is worked out on weight and you can find a postage calculator here (http://auspost.com.au/products-and-services/postage-assessment-calculator.html).

bluegum30
16th April 2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the link mate i just done a calculation for postage from Melbourne Airport to get an idea and with about 1/2 to 1 kilo's it about $12 so that has canned that idea .

But thanks for the input in regards to the value of books.

Lloyd.