PDA

View Full Version : Free Plumbing Fittings (hint)

Christopha
17th February 2005, 05:43 PM
Guests ignore towels, steal shower
From correspondents in London
February 10, 2005

STEALING toiletries and even bathrobes from hotels is one thing, but a British couple have taken pilfering to new heights after liking their hotel shower so much they took it home with them.

The unusual theft came after the pair, a man in his 50s and a woman in her 20s, spent the night in a four-poster bed room at the 17th-century Globe Hotel in Topsham, near Exeter, southwest England, its owner said.
After they checked out of the room, staff found the entire shower unit had been taken from the en suite bathroom.

Hotel owner Liz Hodges said the couple - whose identity is unknown as they paid cash - had left her with a bill of around 300 pounds ($723).

Advertisement:
While small-scale pilfering was common, "I have never experienced anything on this scale before," Hodges said, explaining that the couple had turned off the water supply before disconnecting the shower.

"I just cannot believe someone would do this," she added.

Devon and Cornwall Police Sergeant Alan Mobbs said the theft was considered unusual, "particularly when you consider the efforts needed to physically take a shower from the wall".

Harry72
17th February 2005, 11:27 PM
How the hell did they get it out without being noticed...

barnsey
18th February 2005, 12:35 PM
Can't have been locals - the Poms don't use showers :eek: :D :D

rackrussel
18th February 2005, 01:02 PM
i am going away for aweek from this sunday
now i know how to spend my time in my motel room at night.:rolleyes:

seriph1
19th February 2005, 08:03 AM
you'll have no worries - jack russell's are the world's greatest ecape artists.

:D:D:D:D

rackrussel
19th February 2005, 09:43 AM
you'll have no worries - jack russell's are the world's greatest ecape artists.

:D:D:D:D you're not wrong. my 6' dog yard is proof of that (straight over the top)