PDA

View Full Version : NOVA DVR problem

starr
19th April 2012, 02:13 PM
My NOVA DVR has stopped working - nothing happens when I turn it on. I took it to an electrician who said that the 240V power was OK, so the problem must be in the internal electronics. The problem is now finding someone to look at the control board to see if it is faulty.

Does anyone know of where I might take it for repair in Adelaide? (I contacted the local distributer who gave me the name of a power tool repair company, but they said they don't fix lathes. I contacted several others with the same response.)

cookie48
19th April 2012, 02:17 PM
Contact the maker in New Zealand and demand a replacement or fix .

Chesand
19th April 2012, 04:54 PM
Jim Carroll (Sponsor at the top of this sub-forum) might be able to point you in the right direction

Jim Carroll
19th April 2012, 06:22 PM
Talk to the guys at Carbatec in Brisbane, I cant remember they guys name but he is really helpfull

robbygard
19th April 2012, 06:26 PM
Talk to the guys at Carbatec in Brisbane, I cant remember they guys name but he is really helpfull

i'll second that ... even unto not remembering his name ... he helped me over the phone identify certain things and emailed supporting documentation ... in the end i had to send it up to them to get it fixed but he WAS very good and helpful

issatree
19th April 2012, 09:04 PM
Hi Starr,
Try giving it a bit of a blow with the Air from Compressor.

Tim the Timber Turner
19th April 2012, 09:14 PM
Contact the maker in New Zealand and demand a replacement or fix .

I'm not sure if that attitude would get much of a result.:o:no:

We don't know any details or how old the lathe is.

We don't even know if there is any warranty involved.

Starr, where are you located in Adelaide?

If you are close I may be able to help.

PM me your details.

Cheers

Tim:)

Sawdust Maker
20th April 2012, 09:02 PM
I can't offer any advice
but am curious to see what happens because ...

BTW
I recall reading in the manual that the insides should be 'dusted' regularly. Can't recall is it was vacuumed or blowed sorry

L R P
24th April 2012, 09:39 AM
The blokes name at C'tec Bne is Andrew.

KBs PensNmore
25th April 2012, 01:37 AM
If after blowing/sucking out the crap in the switch it still doesn't work,contact Woodfast
one of their blokes is tops in electronic switch gear he might be able to point you in the right direction.
Kryn

hughie
25th April 2012, 09:35 AM
Hmm, does not sound good. I would go with the Brissy contact as NZ is a bit far away and from my exerience to you get a lot of to-ing and fro-ing via email before you get to the tech people.

Better off phone contact as you can give him a running commentary as he suggests various possibilites.