PDA

View Full Version : 1st Year Apprentice Carpenter Seeking Employment - Newcastle/Central Coast Areas

Jono1styear
20th April 2012, 12:25 PM
Hi,

My name is Jono and I am 18 years old. I have been working in the building industry since January 2011. Mainly my work experience has been working on new residential housing frames and trusses. I commenced a 1st Year Carpentry Apprenticeship in September 2011. I was given notice by my employer January 2012 that due to work shortages they could not continue with my apprenticeship. I am currently working for a building company on a casual basis however they cannot offer me an apprenticeship. I commenced TAFE February 2012 and I have still been attending hoping that I could find an employer. I am reliable and have a good work ethic. I am keen to continue in the building industry. If there are any employers needing an apprentice in the Newcastle/Central Coast areas please contact me 0432746450. Thank you Jono.

arose62
20th April 2012, 04:03 PM
I can't help with employment, but will say that I'm impressed by your post - polite, good spelling and grammar, no SMS-talk.

First impressions count, and you've made a better one than some other youngsters have made on here.

Good luck with the job hunt (and wish me luck in mine:)

Tell the politicians to get their fingers out, and make the new Warnervale town centre happen - when that goes ahead, there will be more than enough building work for everyone who wants it!

Cheers,
Andrew

Jono1styear
20th April 2012, 06:51 PM
Thankyou Andrew and good luck.

Jono.

Chesand
20th April 2012, 06:57 PM
I agree with Andrew's comments.
If you make the same impression on future employers as you have here you will be OK. It is great to see a young person with ambition and a positive attitude
Good luck