PDA

View Full Version : Watch the Golf Channel on PC

Dengue
22nd April 2012, 03:24 PM
Hello, does anyone know how I might be able to watch the US TV "The Golf Channel" on my computer here in Australia?

malb
22nd April 2012, 08:05 PM
Hi Jill,

Didn't know it existed but should have guessed that it would.

Googled it and opened the front page, found a tag labeled TV or similar near the top right corner, clicked it and was offered a range of prerecorded flash videos. Selected one and was shown an episode list. Selected an episode and it ran just like a YouTube video. I have the latest flash player installed on the computer, ver 11.2 something, updated tonight when I switched on. Quite a few sites need the most current update of flash or cause grief.

Does this help, or is there something else that you want that I haven't picked up on, like a live webcast or something similar.

Dengue
22nd April 2012, 09:52 PM
Thanks for this, malb, I had gone down the same path too.

What I am after is the live telecast of golf tournaments that they often run, like Ch 10 did over here for the Australian Masters recently

malb
23rd April 2012, 08:49 PM
OK, google up TV Online. That should lead to a number of programs that are set up to hook into live TV travelling on the web. Some are cheap some are not, but some can hook into 200+ broadcast stations around the world, alot being sports based. It helps if you know what channels it might be carried on.