PDA

View Full Version : Plane Lookin'

Richard
2nd July 2000, 08:27 PM
I am in need of a few planes. Almost purchased 3 New Metal ones ($$$$$$$$$), but was wondering - for the same money, What about the older Wooden Block Planes? Have found that there is quite a variety out there. I want a good set to be able to start with rough sawn timber and take it from there. Yes I know it is a lot more work however.......I've been able to find a bit of information here and there however not enough to come to any conclusions..so,..
A few of you who've been 'round the block .....What type, size or whatever do I need for a "complete set"? Know of a web site that deals in this?
Thanks for the Help!!!
Richard

John Saxton
3rd July 2000, 11:21 PM
Yes Richard there is a good local web site who will send you a catalogue on request and they carry the wooden planes range(I have haunted their shops over the years).
Try this www.timbecon.com.au (http://www.timbecon.com.au)
On page 36 they have a range classic wooden planes that are made in Oz but are quite pricey.
There is also a shop called Woodstock in Balcatta,Perth who definately carry a range of wood planes but I don't know whether they have a web site.
Cheers

------------------
Johnno