PDA

View Full Version : A very very sad day

SAISAY
1st May 2012, 07:17 PM
Yesterday we had had to make the worst decision of all.
Our nearly 13 year old boxer "Dot Com" had been deterioating badly for about 2 weeks and not eaten for the last week, she was just skin and bone. She had been almost deaf and blind since the cyclone.
She slept a lot but still came in every morning to wake us up and was asking for cuddles all the time.
When we saw the vet on Saturday we were told there nothing could be done for her, it was just her time and she was only hanging in there.
So yesterday we had her put to sleep but, oh how hard it has been.
She was such a big part of our lives.
She adored her stuffed tiger.
RIP Dot Com you were much loved and will be much missed.
Wolffie

BobL
1st May 2012, 07:19 PM
Having lost out dog 2.5 years ago and just having become closely attached to our newish dog I have some understanding about what you are going through.
I hope you can find another soon.

opelblues
1st May 2012, 07:24 PM
I feel you pain, after six years I miss my rotti. Just feel proud that dot com picked you to be her friend and master. Love the times we all have

chambezio
1st May 2012, 07:39 PM
Wolfie
No words can change the way you are feeling at the moment. We had to do the same with our "old" dog back in 2000. We estimate he was 18. We had him as a mature dog for 14 years. I still remember him and his little habits. It took us a while to carry on.
Your Dotcom, by the picture, looks very much loved and contented. You just can't help looking for them especially when something happens and you are looking for their reaction.
She will be for ever in your mind, so remember the good times you have had together and the last few weeks memories will fade away.
All the best Wolfie

springwater
1st May 2012, 08:04 PM
:C Yeah I know Wollfie it's hard letting them go, fact is they never go really they'll alway be with you. It's funny how out of the blue you'll think of something they did way after they're gone so I suppose they become a part of you in some way.

Pat
1st May 2012, 08:33 PM
We had to put to sleep one our girls a while ago . . . we still remember her habits . . . 1630 on the dot , barking at the back door for her dinner and when she was younger, thinking that every fence was a personal challenge, get over or thru and sit on the front door step to be let in.

Eventually we got another playmate for out 2 and they keep themselves amused until tea time:;

A Duke
1st May 2012, 09:33 PM
I know how you feel, I had to have my 18 year old miniature fox terrier put down this morning as well.
See my post "RIP Pippa"
my sympathies