PDA

View Full Version : info

m.t
2nd May 2012, 07:01 PM
hi this is all new to me i would like to find out how i can join this group and help to send pens to the troops...

mal

Touchwood
2nd May 2012, 09:58 PM
Hi Mal
Sam is the current coordinator of this initiative - everyone is invited to (and welcome to) make pens that will be sent to serving Aussie troops around the globe. The two main dates are Christmas and ANZAC Day.

Quite simple really, make your pens, label them with the product they are made from (ie type of wood, acrylic, etc), put your name on or business name (or not) and send then to Sam who collects and then sends them off in bundles.

I also put my pens into a pen sleeve, others may not or may use more elaborate pen protecting devices - the choice is yours.

Sam posts a photo or two of the pens as he receives them so you know they arrived.

Welcome aboard, look forward to seeing some pens from you in the Christmas round up ... hope Sam doesn't mind me answering this :doh::doh:
on everyone's behalf!

JD

m.t
2nd May 2012, 11:19 PM
thank you for that JD will sam give me the address where to send them :):):)

Touchwood
2nd May 2012, 11:57 PM
Hi
Yes, PM Sam and he will certainly give you his address.

Also meant to include that, from time to time, some people are generous sponsors of this cause and donate pen kits to Sam (or the co-ordinator) - these kits can be requested when available (Sam will post when this happens), made up and returned. This means it only costs the turner the blanks (and associated bits of sand paper, glue and polish) to make the pens and postage to return them.

There are plenty of pics to see the sorts of pens made, the way they are labeled and sent in for use.

Hope this helps

JD

Simomatra
3rd May 2012, 08:17 AM
Many thanks Jenny.

MT I have PM'd my address welcome to the group I think Jenny has h\given you the goods so to say

KBs PensNmore
11th May 2012, 01:05 AM
I wouldn't mind being involved with this also please.:2tsup:
Kryn

Simomatra
27th June 2012, 12:43 PM
I wouldn't mind being involved with this also please.:2tsup:
Kryn

Welcome Kryn seems to have missed this post will PM my address