PDA

View Full Version : Franklin TAS to Yarra Valley VIC

arniew
3rd May 2012, 08:56 AM
I wasn't sure where the best place was to ask this question - but it is one about transport.

The problem: One lonely shipping container (20ft) in Tas (with a small amount of spare room) that wants a new home in Vic. Freight companies want to ship said container but it no longer has shipping compliance.

Road transport is possible on the back of a truck via the Spirit of Tas.

Anyone know a company willing to freight via road on the Spirit (none I've called are interested)?

Anyone willing to hire out a tilt tray 8 tonner for a couple of days or know a company that does hire?

thanks, Arnie

DSEL74
1st January 2013, 11:42 AM
Maybe if you offer to fill the remaining space with Tassie timber it be of interest to the forum as a sweetener.

If you look up some of the shipping container dealers that sell decommissioned containers they usually have a list of transport drivers.

I bought mine from a company called from memory ROYAL Wolf, when I lost my house and needed to put my left over furniture etc into storage and they gave me a number of drivers to choose from at the time.

Shipping Containers - Shipping Container Hire, Sales & Modifications (http://www.royalwolf.com.au/)

arniew
1st January 2013, 12:49 PM
Hi there. I didn't expect this old thread to be revived but the container was sorted many months ago. Thanks Arnie