PDA

View Full Version : Folding Step Stool

DPB
21st February 2005, 02:42 PM
This recently completed project is from plans purchased from Meisel Hardware
http://www.meiselwoodhobby.com/cgi-bin/webplus.exe?script=/shop/search.wml

This version I made strictly according to the plans, but I plan to make a few more with more complex joinery than glue & screwed butt joints. My next version will have dovetails where the seat and stairs join to the sides. This is a good example of a project that can be modified to provide challenges for entry to intermediate level hobbyists.

silentC
21st February 2005, 03:13 PM
Nice one, DPB. Looks the part. Did you make a template for the heart shape cutouts?

DPB
21st February 2005, 04:49 PM
Did you make a template for the heart shape cutouts?
:)Yes, I made templates from Masonite for all of the curved shapes including two sized hearts. The plans called for hearts on the cross-bars, but I thought that was just too much.

greg.smith
21st February 2005, 11:15 PM
Thats deja vu!!!! :cool:

rodm
21st February 2005, 11:49 PM
As you say a good practical project for all levels of woodworkers. I don't know how many times I have stood on a chair rather than go to the shed and get a set of steps. I can see SWMBO standing one of her indoor plants on this when it is not being used to overcome duck's disease.
Notice you have used straight grained timber and I assume the slot in the top is for carrying.

Rocker
22nd February 2005, 01:28 AM
Don,

A nice pair of step stools, but I think they could fall into the category of farting about. Has your New Year's resolution to build a rocker been put on the back burner (to mix a metaphor)?

Rocker

DPB
22nd February 2005, 08:49 AM
Don,

A nice pair of step stools, but I think they could fall into the category of farting about. Has your New Year's resolution to build a rocker been put on the back burner (to mix a metaphor)?

Rocker No Rocker, I'm still committed to the rocker project. I purchased the Blackwood timber from Mathews last week and I expect to start this week.

The Folding Step Stool project is a demonstrator for the Triton Woodworkers Club, and only took a few hours to make.

When I see some of the fantastic work done by BB members, I'm both inspired and intimidated at the same time. I'd be interested to hear from any others who purchased Rocker's Rocker plans and have actually started.:rolleyes:

conwood
22nd February 2005, 03:13 PM
Hey DPB,
Where can I get the plans for the stools. The link you provided is dead.
conwood

DPB
23rd February 2005, 10:40 AM
Hey DPB,
Where can I get the plans for the stools. The link you provided is dead.
conwood
It didn't work yesterday, but seems OK today. Check this link http://www.meiselwoodhobby.com/ and do a site search for Folding Footstool.

Wood Borer
23rd February 2005, 10:59 AM
Good one DPB, you get the nod from me.

StockyLil'Ozzy
23rd February 2005, 02:09 PM
isnt it good to start a project and finnish it within a few days? well done.