22nd February 2005, 12:32 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D

Termite
22nd February 2005, 01:14 PM
:D

Thats one way of getting it past the machine and maybe too :D

silentC
22nd February 2005, 01:29 PM
The speech impediment one reminded me of a bloke I met on Saturday night at a gig. He is a DJ on the local community radio station - hosts a blues show 3 days a week. He has absolutely the worst stutter I've ever heard - but on radio, clear as a bell. He has a voice he uses for when he's waffling small talk that has no stutter at all but when he has to stop and think about what he wants to say, like if you ask a question, he can barely get it out. Must be frustrating.

Termite
22nd February 2005, 01:39 PM
The speech impediment one reminded me of a bloke I met on Saturday night at a gig. He is a DJ on the local community radio station - hosts a blues show 3 days a week. He has absolutely the worst stutter I've ever heard - but on radio, clear as a bell. He has a voice he uses for when he's waffling small talk that has no stutter at all but when he has to stop and think about what he wants to say, like if you ask a question, he can barely get it out. Must be frustrating.
F..F...F...F...F...F...Bloody oath it is. :D

MikeL
23rd February 2005, 08:46 PM
F..F...F...F...F...F...Bloody oath it is. :D

N.N.N.N.N.Now TH.TH.TH.TH.Thats N.N.N.N.Not N.N.N.N.Nice T.T.T.T.T.Termite...

Iain
24th February 2005, 07:36 AM
I think I worked with him, used to laugh at his stutter because he was such an asre to go with it.
He used to blink in time with the stutter which made it funnier.
I generally sympathise with people with this ailment but not this one.

gatiep
24th February 2005, 03:57 PM
Have you ever seen two people that stutter but don't know each other having a 'conversation'. First off one always thinks the other is taking the p!ss out of him and it can get pretty heated and very funny to listen to.

:D

simon c
24th February 2005, 05:14 PM
I had a similar experience when my Father-in-law met my step-father for the first time (3 weeks before the wedding). They are both called Doug and both a bit deaf, but we hadn't really told them (or they hadn't heard/remembered).
One's a pom and the other's an Aussie. I love winding them both up.

The conversation was:
FIL: G'day, I'm Doug
SF: Alwight guv, I'm Doug, what's your name
FIL: I'm Doug, what's your name
SF: No, I'm Doug, who are you
FIL: DOUG!!, who are you
etc... while they are locked in a "Johnnie Howard style" handshake
eventually...
ME: Didn't we tell you that you were both called Doug, how silly of me (snigger).

RETIRED
24th February 2005, 05:16 PM
You Mongrel!! :D :D :D

Wood Borer
24th February 2005, 05:22 PM
They're very good.

Wayne Davy
25th February 2005, 09:37 PM
Very funny - lots of email ammunition in that lot. Ta :D

Cliff Rogers
26th February 2005, 10:49 AM
Incurable romantic..... someone with Aids & Herpes.:D